Win7 Pro 64 Questions on Admin rights

Reaction score
I've recently reformatted my brothers computer. He and his friends downloaded something onto it that gave it a wicked virus, which caused me to reformat. Well to prevent this from happening again I created a standard user account for him, and gave myself the administrator account. In the UAC on the admin account I set it to always notify me when changes are made, in which anything you installed would require a password for installation. Now in theory the idea sounds great but I've run into an issue with the practical use. Certain programs such as Origin launcher, Marvel Heroes launcher,WOW launcher and a few other programs require my password to run. So how can I fix this that way installed programs won't need my password to run?

Reaction score
Try this way.....
RIGHT click at the program in question > select Properties > bottom right side, click Advanced > check the box " Run As Admin " > OK when done.

Try it out. If it works do the same to the other programs you mentioned.

Reaction score
Try this way.....
RIGHT click at the program in question > select Properties > bottom right side, click Advanced > check the box " Run As Admin " > OK when done.

Try it out. If it works do the same to the other programs you mentioned.
I've tried that already it and didn't work. I've also tried this and yet it didn't work:
. Find the game's files in say C:\Program Files (x86), and right click the main executable file, and select 'Properties' (If you are having trouble, you can find the installation path by viewing the properties of the shortcut on your desktop).

2. Click on the 'Compatibility' tab, and then click on the 'Change settings for all users' button at the bottom of the window. Deselect the 'Run this program as an administrator' checkbox at the bottom of the window.

3. Click 'OK' to close the window and save the preference, and then click 'OK' again to close the properties of the file.
4. Try running the game from your brother's account, and see if it fixes the problem.

Has anyone tried a program called UAC Trust?
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/uac_trust_shortcut.html

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Some games require the ability to update the folder from where they run and C:\Program Files\ is a protected folder so update requires admin rights. For this reason I create a folder C:\Games\ and I install my games under there instead of under C:\Program Files\.

So if those games you mentioned are installed in \Program Files\ (or \Program Files (x86)\) then you might try uninstalling them and then reinstall with a path of C:\Games\... You may find they no longer require admin rights.

Ask a Question