Win a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
To celebrate the release of Windows 7 RC, we are holding the first of many Windows 7 Forum competitions. The prize is a full retail version of Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1), which is the top-end version of Windows that is available to purchase. This prize is kindly being offered by forum member James M. Fisher (MVP), owner of Windows Talk - a fantastic blog with Windows and Microsoft news for the Home PC user.

Entering the competition is very simple, and is only open to members of this site - so you have a very good chance of winning. Simply post a screenshot of your Windows 7 desktop in this desktop screenshots thread to enter - easy! You need to have a minimum of 10 quality posts to your name to qualify (to ensure we don't have lots of one-post users). By quality posting, we mean mean posts that aren't simple replies designed to artificially boost your post count, but posts that create or add to useful discussions (for example : it could be getting help with a problem you've got, aiding other users with errors or just general discussion about the new OS).

The competition lasts until 31st May, so there is a plenty of time to get your entries in. After this date, we will create a list of all the qualifying entries and use randomizer.org to fairly generate a winning user.

Good luck, and be sure to have a read of Windows Talk:

wtbutton4.png

The judges decision is final, and the competition closes at midnight 31st May (GMT). You may post more than one screenshot, but it is a maximum of one entry per user. The prize is a single version of Windows Vista Ultimate, which one of the qualifying entries will win (drawn via a random number generator). If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Reaction score
Is this a joke? I have windows 7, and would be happy to post a screenshot. I don't really want a copy of windows vista.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this a joke? I have windows 7, and would be happy to post a screenshot. I don't really want a copy of windows vista.
No, it's not a joke :) You can still post a screenshot even if you don't want to enter ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
hey ian, how do you judge/ pick the winner
We'll compile a list of all the entrants that qualify and give each one a number (based on the position in the screenshots thread). Then randomizer.org can be used to generate a random number that meets the criteria (i.e. choose a random number between 1 and x). That number will correspond to the lucky winner :)

Reaction score
lol thats kool in any way even u just like me dont like vista

coz u can simply upgrate it with anytime uprgate from vista ultimate to any version of win 7 will cost much less hehe

Reaction score
And for the benefit of the winner, how will you send them the software, will you need to collect there information, ie house address etc

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I think Ian will just use the member's GPS coordinates to beam the software directly into their living-room.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Ian will just use the member's GPS coordinates to beam the software directly into their living-room.
Yep, that would be the preferred method :lol:

I don't have the Vista software with me, James (the forum member you'll have seen around that runs Windows Talk) has it and can either post it to the winner or probably just e-mail the serial number over if that's all you require.

Reaction score
agree with muster lan

a serial number/ license it the only thing that is really matter

Reaction score
mine :) just updated from Beta

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sending the serial number is fine by me. Saves postage and a potential lost shipment too. ;)

Reaction score
serial number is all fine and dandy, but how would you install without the disk?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
serial number is all fine and dandy, but how would you install without the disk?
Some people may already have a Windows Vista install disk, so all they would need is the serial to get going :) Of course, others may not and would need the disk.

Reaction score
As long as the winner doesnt have to go down the torrent line, then that is great. I have had too many problems with torrents and whatever.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Wait so we just upload it to this thread or some other thread like mentioned before? Also, do we have to have the original Windows 7 backgrounds or can we have some others?
Well, whatever. Here's myn.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been wanting to migrate to Vista Ultimate for some time now. :D

*crosses fingers and hopes he wins*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question