SOLVED win 7 x64 BSOD

Reaction score
Hey guys, love what you're all doing here.

Anyways, i built a new pc a few days back. It got two different bsods memory_management, pfn_list_error. I thought it was kaspersky so i uninstalled it. But the problems didnt persist. And i found it to bsod every time i do something to the harddrive... like copy big files or chkdsk the D drive on windows. Although chkdsk ran well for system files on startup.

So i got frustrated and installed fresh windows 7 again. Worked good for a day, then i got a new bsod, the system_service_exception. I'm totally clueless. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, i ran memtest86+ for a single pass with no errors.

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7 Forums.

I hope that we can help you with our problem.

For starters could you please do a offline scan of your computer.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline/

Then I strongly recommend that you install SP1 (Service Pack 1)

Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/install-windows-7-service-pack-1

There are many system and security fixes in SP1.

Let us know how you go

Please don't hesitate to ask questions
Hope this helps.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Intel's motherboard you're using states a RAM bus frequency of 1333 MHz. Your computer spec's state you're at 1600 MHz. That may be causing you some issues, but your CPU-Z stats show a frequency of 665.3 MHz. Also your CAS latency and timings may be out of parameters for the clock speed.

For a clock speed of 1600 MHz the timings should be 9-9-9-24 with a CAS of 9. A slower bus speed may need to be 8-8-8-24 or so.

Also since your using an Intel board with chipset. You should observe their recommendations on which drivers to install first and in which order.

From the Intel website:

In what order do I install my drivers?

To build a new computer or reinstall your operating system, Intel® recommends installing the drivers and software in the following order:

1. Windows* operating system service packs or patches available from Microsoft* (for example, Service Pack 3 for Windows XP*)
2. Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility
3. Microsoft DirectX* 9.0 or later
4. Video or graphics driver (for example, Intel® HD Graphics Driver)
5. Intel® Application Accelerator or Intel® Matrix Storage Manager
6. Sound or audio drivers
7. LAN or network drivers
I hope maybe this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

Got two new bsods. I think i figured out a pattern. These bsods occur to me when the computer has just booted. Like 2 or 3 minutes into boot. But once i pass 5 or so mins, the computer is pretty stable even for 6 or 12 hours. The new bsods dumps are attached in my first post.

@Shintaro
Offline scan came out clean.
During my first install of the os, i did update everything including sp1, but it didnt help much and i still got bsods. So dont think thats the issue.

@Nibiru2012
I know i made a mistake with buying 1600mhz ram. Oh well, i went to bios and changed it to 1333mhz and 8-8-8-24 timings. But there were certain other parameters along with these for the ram ovverride in bios. I had no clue what they were and just change the bus and timing.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

When you get crashes, please upload them to the forum. We need to see them.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Those files in "New Minidump.zip" are still saying that you have not installed SP1.

Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64

Reaction score
I think we solved it. Don't really know what made the bsod stop.

The things i did were...
1. Changing ram timings and bus frequency as suggested by Nibiru2012
2. Updating every intel driver... chipset, IME, audio, network etc
3. Updating to sp1 as suggested by Shintaro
4. Uninstalled intel rapid storage technology. It seemed soo confusing with raid support and blah, thought it was useless. And now my drives show up as removable, as they should be for AHCI.

After doing all that, i haven't got a bsod yet. Hopefully it wont ever.
Thank you guys :D.

Last edited:

Ask a Question