Win 7 and TrueCrypt

A

Alf

At the risk of being flamed by the likes of gordonbparker, I have a question that I hope someone will answer seriously.

I am running Win 7 Ultimate on a new Velcity Micro. I installed a secondary hard drive that I have encrypted with TrueCrypt. The install was successful, and I have been using it without problems for
about three months.

There is one quirk, however. If I have to restart the computer (like after a Windows update is installed), TrueCrypt does not recognize the drive. If I turn the computer off and back on, however,
there it is. This didn't happen with XP. Could anyone explain this to me?

TIA.

Alf

J

Johannes Busch

Am 07.02.2010 12:49, schrieb Alf:
At the risk of being flamed by the likes of gordonbparker, I have a question that I hope someone will answer seriously.

I am running Win 7 Ultimate on a new Velcity Micro. I installed a secondary hard drive that I have encrypted with TrueCrypt. The install was successful, and I have been using it without problems for
about three months.

There is one quirk, however. If I have to restart the computer (like after a Windows update is installed), TrueCrypt does not recognize the drive. If I turn the computer off and back on, however,
there it is. This didn't happen with XP. Could anyone explain this to me?
Which version of tc are you using? Did you encrypt the whole drive or
just a partition on it?

Ask a Question