Win 7 Acer Laptop to Wireless HP Printer

Reaction score
I've got a new Acer Laptop that's running wireless to my Linksys router. If I buy a wireless HP All in One printer, will my system be able to communicate with the printer. I'm not sure what my laptop configuration has to be to speak to the printer. Can someone advise.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi Paul

Duplicating threads only makes things confusing if people start to reply in both. It's better to only have one thread per topic for each person.

As soon as someone who is familiar with your issue reads the thread, I am sure they will respond. Good luck, wishing you a quick answer.

A quick note:
If you know which printer you are interested in, you can always look to see what drivers are available. You can see if there is Windows 7 support or 64-bit support from the drivers listed.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've got a new Acer Laptop that's running wireless to my Linksys router. If I buy a wireless HP All in One printer, will my system be able to communicate with the printer. I'm not sure what my laptop configuration has to be to speak to the printer. Can someone advise.
Thanks in advance
Paul, whatever you decide, make sure of two things. That the printer is Windows 7 compatible (there will be a symbol on the box regarding this), and that 64 bit drivers are available. If in doubt, don't rush. Write down the printer model number and call HP service. I'm sure that there's a toll free number on the package. I have found a Customer Care number. It's 800-474-6836, my manual states they're open 24/7. There are a lot of printer (not working) threads on here already, we welcome all requests, but it would be so much better if some of them posted like you, wanting to know what works. Some of the threads are different, they are trying to run a printer that was manufactured during the Clinton administration. Times are tough, I know, but if you can afford a new computer or retail version of Windows 7, you should be able to come up with another $50 to $60 for a basic printer that works with Windows 7, simply by plugging it in the USB port (after it's prepared).

Ask a Question