Problem: Acer Aspire M5811 Win7 64-bit

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Canon EOS 450D and one Panasonic HDC TM60 which do not register correctly when I connect them to my Acer Aspire M5811 with Windows 7 64-Bit. When I connect to the Camera with USB I hear the "Dobop" sound which indicates that the computer has detected the device. Following this it tries to isntall the drivers and fails.

After the failed installation it displays "Generic - xxx USB Device" (As shown in the attached image below). When I unplug the device again I do not get the unplug-sound which should be played. The generic drivers are still displayed in the device manager and when I later reconnect the device again it wont react at all...

I have downloaded and installed EU281EN.exe which are the Canon EOS 450D Drivers from http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010610.asp

Tbh I'm at a loss here, I just ran a restore of windows on the machine and hopefully that will solve the problem. But felt like I should post this issue as well in case anyone else has it.

(The attachments are in Norwegian, if you need translation let me know.)

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Once windows installs the drivers it can for a USB device it has no need to reinstall them (so it won't "react"). If you move it to another USB slot it will install them once for that location as well but again it would likely use it's generic so that won't help you.

If Canon has a Win7 64-bit compatible driver (and it MUST be the 64-bit driver, so check that first) then go to control panel \ device manager and expand the items to find the device that is wrong. Right-click and pick update driver.

Ask a Question