Acer Aspire AX1300 having crashing problems - Windows 7


T

TheDeadWolf

Hey everyone.
Firstly id like to say sorry for if i have posted in a wrong
thread/newsboard.
Secondly id like to thank anyone who reads and responds to this post as
it is much appreciated.

I got an Acer Aspire AX1300 for Christmas this year and it is a great
computer, however i am experiencing some problems and it is getting
annoying now.


The problem is that the computer keeps crashing. It could be if im
playing a game, it could be if im on the internet, it could be if music
is playing. It just happens randomly with no warning. The monitor (Acer
X193HQ) will just turn a random color, usually the color is the most
color on the screen before it crashes, mainly black, blue or sometimes
yellow. The keyboard lights will just stop working too, if capslock was
on and the PC crashed the caps lock light would still be on but i cant
turn it off or use the other lights such as numlock. The mouse light
would still be on also, however moving it makes no difference to the
screen. Also the speakers (Standard PCLine speakers plugged into the
headphone/speakers slot) Would just cut out, i knew this because if i
was playing music or game sounds it would just stop when the PC crashed.
The wierd thing however is that the CPU main light is still on, and the
fans are still working. Its as if the CPU just cuts out all its devices.




Here are the main details of the PC.

Hard Drive Size: 320GB
Hard Drive Type: SATA
Memory Type: DDR2
Ammount of memory: 3GB
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core
Processor Cache: 1MB
Processor Model Number: 7450
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG

Operating System: Microsoft Windows® Vista™ Home Premium (However
i did install Windows 7 32Bit, then Windows 7 64Bit. Both legal and
registered)

Graphics Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8200
DAC Type: Intergrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 1394MB
DirectX Version: 11

Optical Drive Type: DVD Re-Writer
Number of USB Ports: 9
Product Depth: 35.2 cm
Product Height: 26.5 cm
Product Width: 10 cm
Product Weight: 8kg

Moniter: Acer X183HQ
Moniter size: 19"
Wired mouse and keyboard.



Things i tried.
I looked all around Google for help and got a few ideas however none worked.
I installed the 64bit of windows 7 instead of the 32 bit and it did
upgrade performance but still the same crash like it was in 32bit.
I checked and updated all the drivers, both the windows ones and other
drivers. Also i upgraded the graphics card driver, and for some reason
it registered that my graphics card is a 9200 instead of a 8200, it said
this on the nvidia control panel, and on dxdiag. However when i
reformatted it said i had the 8200 one.
As i said before i have reformatted the pc, iv done it about 3 times.
One to install Windows 6 32bit then installed the latest graphics card
driver which said i had a 9200, then again to Windows 7 32bit with the
8200 driver and hardly anything on the pc. Still kept crashing. I then
formatted to Windows 7 64bit but it still crashes.
Somebody said something about maybe the monitor cable wire isn't plugged
properly, knowing it wouldn't be the solution because the other devices
cut out too but i still checked the monitor cable.
I also checked the CPU power cable and that is in a single plug and
plugged in properly to the CPU.
I had opened up the case and checked the fans they are all clean and
functioning perfectly.
Also i had moved the CPU to the middle of my table in case over heating
was a problem.
The computer is still crashing.
I thought i would post here to see if you guys had any suggestions, if
it fails then i might end up having to send the computer back to the
manufacturer.

I am currently having to use my 6yr old Medion laptop to do my GCSE
school work and coursework because the Acer is too unreliable and has
already lost a few of my files when i was working.


Any ideas, even if your unsure would be a massive help for me. Also if
you need any other details then feel free to ask.
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dave-UK

TheDeadWolf said:
Hey everyone.
Firstly id like to say sorry for if i have posted in a wrong thread/newsboard.
Secondly id like to thank anyone who reads and responds to this post as it is much appreciated.

I got an Acer Aspire AX1300 for Christmas this year and it is a great computer, however i am
experiencing some problems and it is getting annoying now.


The problem is that the computer keeps crashing. It could be if im playing a game, it could be if
im on the internet, it could be if music is playing. It just happens randomly with no warning. The
monitor (Acer X193HQ) will just turn a random color, usually the color is the most color on the
screen before it crashes, mainly black, blue or sometimes yellow. The keyboard lights will just
stop working too, if capslock was on and the PC crashed the caps lock light would still be on but
i cant turn it off or use the other lights such as numlock. The mouse light would still be on
also, however moving it makes no difference to the screen. Also the speakers (Standard PCLine
speakers plugged into the headphone/speakers slot) Would just cut out, i knew this because if i
was playing music or game sounds it would just stop when the PC crashed. The wierd thing however
is that the CPU main light is still on, and the fans are still working. Its as if the CPU just
cuts out all its devices.




Here are the main details of the PC.

Hard Drive Size: 320GB
Hard Drive Type: SATA
Memory Type: DDR2
Ammount of memory: 3GB
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core
Processor Cache: 1MB
Processor Model Number: 7450
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG

Operating System: Microsoft Windows® Vista™ Home Premium (However i did install Windows 7
32Bit, then Windows 7 64Bit. Both legal and registered)

Graphics Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8200
DAC Type: Intergrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 1394MB
DirectX Version: 11

Optical Drive Type: DVD Re-Writer
Number of USB Ports: 9
Product Depth: 35.2 cm
Product Height: 26.5 cm
Product Width: 10 cm
Product Weight: 8kg

Moniter: Acer X183HQ
Moniter size: 19"
Wired mouse and keyboard.



Things i tried.
I looked all around Google for help and got a few ideas however none worked.
I installed the 64bit of windows 7 instead of the 32 bit and it did upgrade performance but still
the same crash like it was in 32bit.
I checked and updated all the drivers, both the windows ones and other drivers. Also i upgraded
the graphics card driver, and for some reason it registered that my graphics card is a 9200
instead of a 8200, it said this on the nvidia control panel, and on dxdiag. However when i
reformatted it said i had the 8200 one.
As i said before i have reformatted the pc, iv done it about 3 times. One to install Windows 6
32bit then installed the latest graphics card driver which said i had a 9200, then again to
Windows 7 32bit with the 8200 driver and hardly anything on the pc. Still kept crashing. I then
formatted to Windows 7 64bit but it still crashes.
Somebody said something about maybe the monitor cable wire isn't plugged properly, knowing it
wouldn't be the solution because the other devices cut out too but i still checked the monitor
cable.
I also checked the CPU power cable and that is in a single plug and plugged in properly to the
CPU.
I had opened up the case and checked the fans they are all clean and functioning perfectly.
Also i had moved the CPU to the middle of my table in case over heating was a problem.
The computer is still crashing.
I thought i would post here to see if you guys had any suggestions, if it fails then i might end
up having to send the computer back to the manufacturer.

I am currently having to use my 6yr old Medion laptop to do my GCSE school work and coursework
because the Acer is too unreliable and has already lost a few of my files when i was working.


Any ideas, even if your unsure would be a massive help for me. Also if you need any other details
then feel free to ask.
It sounds like the graphics card to me.
If it has a fan make sure it's working.
Also some cards have an extra 12volt plug on them,
make sure it's fitted ok if it's there.
You could try removing/re-seating the card.
Then I would try another graphics card if you have a spare.
 
M

MJMIII

TheDeadWolf said:
Hey everyone.
Firstly id like to say sorry for if i have posted in a wrong
thread/newsboard.
Secondly id like to thank anyone who reads and responds to this post as it
is much appreciated.

I got an Acer Aspire AX1300 for Christmas this year and it is a great
computer, however i am experiencing some problems and it is getting
annoying now.

If you just got it boot to Acer's recovery partition, then return it.
 
T

TheDeadWolf

Dave-UK said:
It sounds like the graphics card to me.
If it has a fan make sure it's working.
Also some cards have an extra 12volt plug on them,
make sure it's fitted ok if it's there.
You could try removing/re-seating the card.
Then I would try another graphics card if you have a spare.
I think it would be a problem changing graphics card because this one is
integrated into the mother board. I see no extra cables.
Here are some photographs i took of the pc.

The computer/Where it is.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1304_01.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1304.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1305_01.jpg
The Monitor and what it looked like when it crashed.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1305_02.jpg
The inside of the pc.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1308.jpg
(Yes i know the wires are still plugged in but everything was turned off
and the power cable was unplugged)
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1308_01.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1308_02.jpg
On this pic you can just about see the ram underneath the Cd-drive.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1309_02.jpg
Either side of the Cd-drive.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1310.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/michaeljhull13wolf/P080110_1311.jpg
 
D

Dave-UK

TheDeadWolf said:
I think it would be a problem changing graphics card because this one is integrated into the
mother board. I see no extra cables.
That's bad news. I guess it's time to contact Acer about your repair options.
You might have to get it back to factory condition first, as has been suggested.
 
D

Dave-UK

Dave-UK said:
That's bad news. I guess it's time to contact Acer about your repair
options. You might have to get it back to factory condition first, as
has been suggested.
--
Test signature

Dinner tonight:
Over-ripe field mouse giblet and yak appendix sauce complemented by skank
aborted feotus and water buffalo buttock dressing with terrible rat snake
blight and seal excrescence conserve, served in a splashing casserole
containing specialised bits of monkey testicle in butter, a side of
foetal canary heart and a draught of clotted ligament puree.
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

TheDeadWolf

Dave-UK said:
That's bad news. I guess it's time to contact Acer about your repair
options.
You might have to get it back to factory condition first, as has been
suggested.
Okay, thanks for your help.
 
C

Char Jackson

I think it would be a problem changing graphics card because this one is
integrated into the mother board. I see no extra cables.
Assuming you have a spare graphics card and the appropriate kind of
open slot on the motherboard, it's easy peasy. Just disable the
onboard graphics in the BIOS.
Here are some photographs i took of the pc.
<snip pics>

You're a wizard when it comes to taking digital pics. :)
 
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
acer aspire ax1300 crashing

i had the same problem with my computer and tried everything in the world i could think of to fix it. i even sent the computer to the warranty repair dept twice with no help. acer finally came up with a fix for this. you need to upgrade the bios. you need to follow the instructions very carefully when doing this. after i upgraded the bios in mine i have not had a crash in almost 4 months now and at first i left my computer on for over a week just to see if it was fixed. you can download the bios at this site http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers hope this solves your problem
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Lorrie

I saw your thread regarding up grading the Bios

can I ask which bios do you use? as there are two on the link to choose from
R01.C0 (for Vista)
R01.B3

did you up date just windows or did you also do the DOS as well?

if you can, can you please briefly advise what you did would be a great help


many thanks

cheers

Stu
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am so sorry that i have not responded until now about your questions. I upgraded from windows vista to windows 7 and upgraded the bios to Phoenix Technologies, LTD R01-C0, 6/9/2010. I am not sure what you are asking about DOS. DOS is a program inside of windows and it gets upgraded or downgraded with the OS. i have a few crashes since my post but they are so few and far between that they are not worth mentioning and usually when it happens the computer has been on for several days and i play a lot of graphic intensive games. If you have any other questions please shoot me an email at (e-mail address removed). i check this daily. once again my apologies for the ungodly long time it has taken to reply.
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top