Windows 7 Acer Upgrade on Dell :)

Reaction score
please help- my brother has got an acer dvd installation upgrade because he bought an acer aspire 5563 or something after july 26th.. so he got a free upgrade to windowss 7 and hes installing it on his comouter as im speaking. i have a dell dimension e521- i know that i can use the DVD again- but my question is- will the Acer DVD work on my computer? i have used 7loader by hazar and orbit32 to only change my oem logo on my system so its acer, and the name of the oem is now acer- but will the actualy DVD detect that its a dell and would not allow me to install, or let me install and when i enter my users desktop for the first time it will not let me do things because it is a dell- making my computer be unacceible and all my work and coursewrok i can not be accessed- so will the acer dvd work?- meaning that i can contiunue my work on the best OS ever, and the whole operation will work fine, valid, and smooth without any problems?

i know ive written like an essay above bt i really need u to comment!! thanks!!

alot
!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if it would actually work in the first place, but the license for that installation DVD is only for an OEM upgrade on the original machine. Installing it on anything else would break that agreement - so you'll need to buy a license for your Dell machine.

Reaction score
Acer has probably written in code to look for their systems and reject installation if a Acer computer can not be found.

Besides Windows 7 install media is a single license. Meaning it can only be used on one computer at a time. And to make things even worse an OEM license is locked to the machine it is installed too. So when your cousin installed the OEM copy to his computer. The license was locked to his computer and cannot be transfered to another computer.

Ask a Question