Will I be able to use a MS Sidewinder FF wheel w/ 7 Ultimate 64?

Reaction score
Before I install it I should find this out...the wheel is pretty old and I am currently using XP. If I can't race after I install 7 I'll be very unhappily shopping for a new wheel when I can't afford it. Thanks--Dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you got the USB version? If so, I don't see why it wouldn't work :)

edit : I did some searching and it looks like others have got it working, however the pedals no longer seem to work as expected.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply....I decided to take the plunge and so far so good....or I should say great. Windows 7 is awesome! I'm getting ready to install GTR2 and Dirt2 and try the wheel out. I'll update later.

Reaction score
And the wheel works but better on some tracks than others. Probably some new drivers for the wheel would be good, but windows apparently found some drivers to use. Maybe I'll uninstall it and try installing the software that came with the wheel. Even though it's very old, it was designed specifically for this wheel, and I figure right now I must be using some generic wheel driver.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back :) I'm glad it's working :D

Reaction score
Good news! With a new game like Dirt2 the wheel works as good or better than ever. It's awesome, I'm so glad I have 2 of them....I'm going to use them for a few more years. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is awesome, too.

Ask a Question