Who still subscribes to "Giveaway of the Day"

Reaction score
I do but nothing these days seem to be any good or of interest to me.
The last few I tried either were buggy or did not perform as expected or became time limited contrary to what was advertised.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I look in on it most days but haven't installed anything in a while.

Just from reading the comments it seems there are a lot of false claims lately.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I found the same thing as Mychael. I discovered also that, whilst many did not clarify on the sites, after downloading and installing, I found that many were time limited betas.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I don't use it because most of the software they offer is not very good and you "must" install it that day. If do a reinstall of your OS or try to install at a later date it won't work.

Nearly all of the software I've seen there is obscure and never heard of it at all.

Reaction score
I agree with Nibs on this one. All their give aways seem to be cheap or trialware and of course can't be installed the next day if your OS goes belly up and needs to be reinstalled. The whole idea behind the site is to make people think they are getting something for free when they normally could have downloaded it at anytime elsewhere.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"they normally could have downloaded it at anytime elsewhere"

That is also true. To be fair, perhaps, if that is ones wish, you could yuse it as a search engine for these types of "give aways"

Reaction score
I no longer get to even open that site, as a few times I tried their softwares.. I even got viruses that caused me to reformat my PC!!!

Trojan Horses in specific.. I believe that website belongs to a crazy mad company that really hate freeware software's loving customers!!!

Ask a Question