SOLVED Sound...still not working

Reaction score
Hello, last night I decided to turn off my computer to give it a break, this morning I turned it on and a black screen appeared. I don't remember what it said, I kinda just freaked out and restarted it again, and the same black screen and message appeared, I pressed the escape key, and then windows started normally. I don't know if this has anything to do with why my sound isn't working at all, but I've tried everything, and I'm really just annoyed and stressed out right now. The computer it only around 5 months old, and nothing seems wrong with it at all. I've tried everything from disabling and enabling the sound in the device manager, changing speakers, and most of anything else I could find online. I don't know a ton about computers, but I don't have a warranty and pretty much willing to try anything now. Thanks if you can help...

Reaction score
Hello abysslevel,

Please fill in your System Specs.
Update your Sound Card Driver and GFX Driver.
[By filling in your System Specs, we'll be able to provide a link to the exact latest driver of your Sound Card and GFX Driver.]

It is recommended to update your drivers through its manufacturer's site, rather than through Device Manager.

Reaction score
Hello abysslevel,

Please fill in your System Specs.
Update your Sound Card Driver and GFX Driver.
[By filling in your System Specs, we'll be able to provide a link to the exact latest driver of your Sound Card and GFX Driver.]

It is recommended to update your drivers through its manufacturer's site, rather than through Device Manager.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p7-1108p
BIOS: Ver: HIB_707.ROM vHIB7.07
Processor: AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 10240MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 9712MB RAM
Page File: 2280MB used, 17142MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Reaction score
I think that's the correct info...if not please tell me, I'm willing to do anything I really need my sound back, can't play online games or listen to music. I'm dying right about now... :s

Reaction score
I'm...unsure of why my sound started working againe...I'd still like to update everything in case if you could still supply me with the links, I'd be very grateful, and even a reply as to why it did that, and why its perfectly fine now would also be nice, in case in the future it somehow happens again...I'm really quite shocked, because I had the speakers on full blast (Forgot because it wasn't working) and in the middle of doing something it was just like "BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!PSFSDFSDRF" in my face...it was the most pleasant sound I've heard in a while... ANYWAYS, thanks for trying to help! :D I've very very appreciative! :3

Ask a Question