which version should i get...

Reaction score
I plan to purchase Win 7 when it comes out, but I'd kinda like to have it all installed and ready to go now, so to speak. I plan to get Ultimate (most likely).. and since I see all these versions floating around, I'm curious as to which one I might be able to DL, and install w/o a key (using the 30 day reset thing or whatever), then simply putting in my key that I get when I purchase it (if its even possible).

If anyone can help me out (here, or via PM), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
BTW I want 64bit version, just dunno which one I should DL (I've seen PRO and Enterprise, but since I want ultimate, I doubt either will be helpful for me)

Reaction score
Since Windows 7 shipped on October 22nd there are no downloads available unless you have an MSDN subscription or are an Empower ISV partner.

Sorry I didn't have better informaton for you,

Larry D
MSAE

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've heard that you don't get much more for your money over Win 7 Pro, but it's your money, so go for it. I have Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The one difference I've already noticed over 32 bit is the lack of drivers. There are some programs that won't run 64 bit. I've read that Adobe is one of them. But regardless of the version, you'll be satisfied with Win 7.

Reaction score
Adobe flash player will run on a x64 system, Just not on a x64 browser. There is an x64 Internet Explorer as well as an x86 Internet Explorer included on the 64 Bit OS.

Reaction score
I was also wondering what version to buy. 32bit or 64 bit. I don't do any gaming it will be used mostly for home office/medical transcription work. Any suggestions?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
TedC, if you're using it for the purpose you stated above, then 32 bit would be the way to go. I didn't even pay attention to know that I got a 64 bit two weeks ago. And I've already ran into a couple of programs that is incompatible with 64 bit. I don't do any gaming, either. All that I do is browse, a member of a couple of forums, send & receive emails and online shopping. I didn't need a 64 bit for that. However, a lot of what you will find are 64 bit, so pay attention. Good Luck!

Reaction score
Catilley1092, thanks, I have found that the 64bit systems are the majority in the stores and adds I have looked at today. Kinda sucks.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I know, I wished I had paid closer attention. To take advantage of 64 bit, keep in mind to get 4GB RAM.

Ask a Question