[NOT POSSIBLE] Need Key Recovery OR find a Specific version of Win7 . Please help.

Reaction score
This post is Not possible... Please use this for ref only. WILL BE REMOVED!
Once you reinstalled you lost the information in the registry so Magic Jelly Bean likely just finds a default key, which is worthless to activate.

You do not need X15, X15 would not include SP1 and would be a waste of time.

You need the X17-5xxxx W7-SP1 version that matches your version, specifically Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc in 32 or 64-bit and in whatever language you want from HERE.

But even if you download the correct version of W7-SP1, unless you can figure out the torn product key it will not help you.

Hello I need some major help!

I got a laptop (Acer Aspire 7551G-5407) not so long back and a couple days ago I needed to reinstall Windows, so I made a Windows 7 Disk HERE....
After I installed I realized my Product Key was riped (The tag). I downloaded MagicJellyBean KeyFinder and it told me this
Code:
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
Product Part No.: X15-37374
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006  match to CD Key data
CD Key: Not shown for people who steal Windows.
Computer Name: USER-PC
Registered Owner: User
Registered Organization:
So like the title says I need either

• Windows 7 64x Ultimate X15-37374 (X15-37374 does matter for ex X17-58996 is Home premium 32x and X17-59007 is Home 32x French) ISO file
  • A KeyFinder That can find my internal Home Premium Key
Thank you if you respond!

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
What is the brand and model number of your computer?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

The reason I asked again about your laptop is because that Product ID is all over the internet and associated with counterfeit versions of Windows.
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006

If you reinstalled you have overwritten the Windows install and the Product Key is gone.
so I made a Windows 7 Disk HERE....

Also those links on the W7 Forum website for the ISO's are generic NOT OEM. Your so called reported Product ID from magic jellybean is for a OEM install.

So if you installed from the ISO that you made from this forum's links, you would not have gotten that Product ID.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So are you saying you have a W7 Ultimate CD Key, you just need a French ISO of Ultimate? Simply edit the French ISO you downloaded and delete the file ei.cfg. Without the ei.cfg file the ISO becomes all versions; then simply install and specify Ultimate and use your Ultimate key.

Otherwise you will likely need to guess at the characters that are torn or buy a new copy because when you reinstalled you wiped out any keys stored in the registry.

Reaction score
So are you saying you have a W7 Ultimate CD Key, you just need a French ISO of Ultimate? Simply edit the French ISO you downloaded and delete the file ei.cfg. Without the ei.cfg file the ISO becomes all versions; then simply install and specify Ultimate and use your Ultimate key.

Otherwise you will likely need to guess at the characters that are torn or buy a new copy because when you reinstalled you wiped out any keys stored in the registry.
No XD not it all i do NOT need french it was an ex staiting i didnt need X17-59007 Iso, I needed X15-37374

Mate,

The reason I asked again about your laptop is because that Product ID is all over the internet and associated with counterfeit versions of Windows.

If you reinstalled you have overwritten the Windows install and the Product Key is gone.

Also those links on the W7 Forum website for the ISO's are generic NOT OEM. Your so called reported Product ID from magic jellybean is for a OEM install.

So if you installed from the ISO that you made from this forum's links, you would not have gotten that Product ID.
You must of made a mistake XD I said that I had used the iso from said link to install another os alongside my main one to test my PID and it was torn...and home unlike majic jelly bean said my main os was ultimate. I tried my Ultimate PID on the Ultiamte ISO (Generic one on the W7 fourms) and it didnt work.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Once you reinstalled you lost the information in the registry so Magic Jelly Bean likely just finds a default key, which is worthless to activate.

You need the X17-5xxxx W7-SP1 version that matches your version, specifically Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc in 32 or 64-bit and in whatever language you want from HERE.

But even if you download the correct version of W7-SP1, unless you can figure out the torn product key it will not help you.

Reaction score

So pretty much I have to buy another copy of Windows..... Damm Windows need to have better support for there product...... Im gonna keep this up for a little bit but thanks

Reaction score

Wait cant I just upgrade windows to Win7SP1?????????

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First, Microsoft did not tear your product key or keep you from writing it down when you first got the PC and they did not reinstall W7 without first making sure they had the product key. You reinstalled windows without an activation key didn't you? If so, no upgrade will fix your missing activation key.

However, if your PC came with a recovery partition or recovery disks you could probably use those to reinstall and they wouldn't require the key.

Reaction score
First, Microsoft did not tear your product key or keep you from writing it down when you first got the PC and they did not reinstall W7 without first making sure they had the product key. You reinstalled windows without an activation key didn't you? If so, no upgrade will fix your missing activation key.

However, if your PC came with a recovery partition or recovery disks you could probably use those to reinstall and they wouldn't require the key.
First I got it at a sale it cam w/ the broken key and there is no recovery part/disk

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then really the best way to get the product key was to extract it from the registry BEFORE you reinstalled. At this point I think it is too late and you will need to buy a new copy to get a new product key.

Reaction score
Then really the best way to get the product key was to extract it from the registry BEFORE you reinstalled. At this point I think it is too late and you will need to buy a new copy to get a new product key.
Let me say this AGAIN
I DIDNT REINSTALL
I bought the computer and it CAME WITH ULTIMATE
And when I installed 7 I installed it on a SEPARATE partiation

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, so is the ultimate partition validated and showing as legal? If so you might be able to get the Ultimate product key.

Boot up and log on as an administrator to the W7 Ult. Download the old free portable version of SIW from HERE; save it as SIW2010.EXE and run it. Under Software, go to Licenses and find Windows Product Key and write it down. If any of your torn label is readable I would compare it just to see if "yeah this matches what I can read so it is probably the correct code".

SIW has always worked for me except once when I was dealing with a computer that came with Home Premium and then had been upgraded to Professional with a Windows Anytime Upgrade. I was hoping I could use the key from SIW and simply reinstall Pro directly but I couldn't; I had to install Home Premium using the sticker key under the laptop and then redo the anytime upgrade to get back to Pro.

I guess my question to you is, why did you install to another partition? Could you be more clear what it is you are trying to do?

Are you trying to migrate to an SSD or something? If so the best method would be to clone the legally activated Ultimate to the SSD. NOTE: In order to legally keep two installations of W7, even if it is the same computer, you would need two keys, so after it is cloned you should reformat the original to stay in compliance.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, so let me get this straight.

Partition 1: Original install of Win 7 Ultimate.
Partition 2: Install from W7Forums ISO

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
Product Part No.: X15-37374
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006 match to CD Key data
CD Key: Not shown for people who steal Windows.
Computer Name: USER-PC
Registered Owner: User
Registered Organization:
Where is that information from? Partition 1 or Partition 2?

Which one is active now?

Ask a Question