what cause the computer to think there is a USB problem

Reaction score
win7 / 64
and how do I find out which is the problem?
the warning does not stay.
one other oddity... the HP mouse is wireless and the last few days it has only started after a few moments not on wake up.
thanks all

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The system could not find drivers on the device & does not have generic ones in windows it thinks it can use. If this is a new device & came with a CD then try installing drivers from there. If this is an old device that used to work then the usb port or the device may be going bad.

Reaction score
nothing is new.
when I look at driver it says no driver needed!
it seldom connects to the internet and I did a virus scan.
don't look good.
how do I find out which USB is the problem?

thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
its not a virus, it's a problem with the connection or the drivers. which device isn't working?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This happens to old wired devices sometimes because the wiring inside breaks; you can often detect this early on because it works intermittently (the metal may make contact when the cable is in a certain position and not when in others). I've had this happen to at least 2 trackballs.

The only way this would normally affect a wireless mouse though, is at the receiver end plugged in to your computer. For wireless problems always try fresh batteries as the first step in troubleshooting.

Reaction score
thanks
I isolated the problem to a hub i bought a few months ago. came with a 3 year warranty so i hoped it was a good one. as if china could build anything good!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
but it could easily be the device rather than the hub. try plugging the device in a different slot & also try plugging a different device into the slot you suspect is bad.

Reaction score
thanks. i plugged everything into the ancient monitors built in hub. so far so good!

Ask a Question