SOLVED User's Folder shortcut on taskbar

Reaction score
On my Win 7 X64 system there used to be an icon on the taskbar which opened up the User's Folder. (The one pointed to by the desktop item just below Libraries at the top left.)

This has disappeared and I am at a loss as to how to get it back again.

Got solution in the other Windows Seven Forum

Open an explorer window and right click it and select pin to taskbar if not already pinned.
Right click> right click Windows explorer> in the target box, enter
Code:
%windir%\explorer.exe /root,%userprofile%
apply>ok.
This will open the users folder when clicked.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you actually mean the Task Bar that runs all the way across the screen or do you really mean the Start Menu as seen here:
UserFolder.jpg

If you mean the start menu, as pictured above, then it's likely just turned off. Right-click on the Start Orb and choose properties. Select the Start Menu tab and click the Customize button. Scroll down half way till you see Personal Folder and choose either display option.

If you really do mean you want to Pin a shortcut to your Personal folder on the task bar then reply back. I know another moderator (davehc) had done a walk-through to create windows explorer shortcuts but I can't find it at the moment.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
HairyScot seems to have found a solution, if not the answer to his original query?
My post was pretty much the same, but your solution should have been better - it matters not if the item is on the left or the right side of the menu.
I think he may have had a shortcut link originally, in the menu.

Reaction score
Do you actually mean the Task Bar that runs all the way across the screen or do you really mean the Start Menu as seen here:
View attachment 4177

If you mean the start menu, as pictured above, then it's likely just turned off. Right-click on the Start Orb and choose properties. Select the Start Menu tab and click the Customize button. Scroll down half way till you see Personal Folder and choose either display option.

If you really do mean you want to Pin a shortcut to your Personal folder on the task bar then reply back. I know another moderator (davehc) had done a walk-through to create windows explorer shortcuts but I can't find it at the moment.
HairyScot seems to have found a solution, if not the answer to his original query?
My post was pretty much the same, but your solution should have been better - it matters not if the item is on the left or the right side of the menu.
I think he may have had a shortcut link originally, in the menu.
I checked in the Start Menu customise options and Personal Folder is already selected
as "display as link".

I did mean the taskbar that stretches all the way across the bottom of the screen.

The Personal Folder shortcut is the one between the Snipping Tool and the Gold Star.

Thanks to you both for your interest, :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So can this be closed? Does the solution you found do what you were needing?

Ask a Question