Updating "Network Adapters" completely kills my internet connection.

Reaction score
Hello people, what a lovely forum!

I'm using Windows 7 x64 ultimate - with the driver:
Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) FAMILY PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
From the year: "2008-02-26"
I'm using the mothercard: Gigabyte.

I've downloaded the latest driver from their support site, and brung me the exact same problem as the Device manager update did. I also tried to update from the device manager (which gave me the same driver ofcouse but from the year 2010). As soon as I replace the driver I'm currently using my network connection died and the cable in my computer is just blinking twice and then goes black for a couple of seconds and blink again etc.

I've tried to restart the router after installation, I've tried restarting the computer after installation same drill.

Additional information:
RAM: 4GB
Graphic: Radeon HD5750
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA77O-UD3

My internet runs perfectly, but when I'm in-game playing real-time FPS games my latency is usual around 30ms but suddenly it rises to 180 for a short period of time (I'm talking about 2-3 seconds) which can turn out to be a disaster while in-game.

Thanks / Thesinister

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

Attachments

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Thank you for the response Niburu, I solved this by windows update.
Good that it worked for you.

Sometimes Windows Update will not have the latest up-to-date driver, but 95% of the time that will NOT cause any problems, especially with NIC, LAN or Wireless drivers published after 10-2009.

Ask a Question