updating drivers

Reaction score
I want to update my drivers. I have a program that tells me what drivers need to be updated ( i think the program was drivermax or something online. Anyways i am a little scared that if i do update a driver like lets say a graphic driver or those net work driver << and if i do a network driver update -- i dont my internet gone.. what is you guys experience in this .. anyone update their drivers

by the way i have windows 7 home premium

Reaction score
Updating drivers is a common occurrence even for the most novice of users. The preferred method is to go directly to the hardware vendors website and update drivers through them. Personally I don't trust 3rd party driver software update programs, I've heard too many horror stories of what could go wrong.

What particular drivers were you wanting to update? We here on w7forums can/will assist you in finding the right drivers for your computers hardware. We just need your complete make and model of PC or laptop and what OS your running.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have used a product called DeviceDoctor in the past and two worked fine, 3 wouldn't even download, and another completely messed up my system and it took me 45minutes to restore.

So I agree with Bass that the manufacturers site is best but if you do decide to use such a product then here is my best advice ...

First scan the product itself for viruses as this is an easy way to pretend to help you and instead it hurts you.
Second, create a restore point: simply type "restore point" into the start...search box and follow the instructions
Third, allow it to install only one single driver (even if it offers you many)
Fourth, once installed reboot your computer and make sure it all works ... if not then reboot into safe mode and restore from the restore point
Then go back to the second step making another restore point and install the next driver. Repeat until all drivers that work are complete.

Reactions: JMH

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
BassFisher and TM are basically spot-on regarding driver updates.

If you need Intel drivers, go the the Intel website support section. Same for Nvidia, AMD Radeon, Realtek, Ralink and so forth.

I have found that installing the drivers in the correct sequence will make more of a difference versus how up-to-date they are, up to a certain point. If you use an SSD drive some firmware software won't work with the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers. AMD Radeon now offers a free driver update checking software that is very handy and does an excellent job of updating the graphics card Catalyst drivers and software.

Reaction score
Updating drivers is a common occurrence even for the most novice of users. The preferred method is to go directly to the hardware vendors website and update drivers through them. Personally I don't trust 3rd party driver software update programs, I've heard too many horror stories of what could go wrong.

What particular drivers were you wanting to update? We here on w7forums can/will assist you in finding the right drivers for your computers hardware. We just need your complete make and model of PC or laptop and what OS your running.
Well here is my lap top info for you-

manufacturer- Acer
Model- Aspire 7250
system type-64 bit operating system
windowss 7 home premium service pack 1

tell me if you need any more information

Ask a Question