is these ok to download for updating

Reaction score
I have a acer aspire 5515, acer gave me link to amd website and the drivers there are for desktops only, amd gave me links to two websites to update my ati x1200 graphics. has anybody heard of these sites and are they safe to download from.
omegadrivers.net and driversheaven.net

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
First of m1r2hud, always stay away from various websites touting their "great driver update" programs. You'll pay out the wazoo for them and they usually not quite what they appear to be.

IF you want to invest in a driver update program, one of the best is Driver Genius Professional. Now this is my humble opinion, I am not a professional reviewer or tester.

The latest version driver for your graphics chipset is v10.2 from 2010. Go to this link at the AMD website to download it:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.12&lang=English

Read this disclaimer from that webpage:

Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support). Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration

You might try just using Windows 7 update feature instead and see what you get.

Reaction score
,this is the email i got from AMD
Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200420360]} has been reviewed and updated.
Response and Service Request History:
If the system is a laptop there are no drivers from AMD for the proprietary chipset on the Acer laptop.
There are 3rd party drivers and utilities available on line. They are not recommended or supported by AMD Customer Care, they are popular with laptop users.
If you search online for Omega Drivers or ATI Modder Utility you should be able to update drivers to more current ones than offered byyour laptop manufacturer.
http://www.omegadrivers.net/
http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php

If it is a desktop you should be able to use the legacy Catalyst 10.2 drivers from AMD.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.
The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well according to the link I attached, the drivers for your chipset/graphics is the correct one.

Reaction score
AMD says they are for desktops. i tried downloading them and it comes up with error something caused program not to run and have choice of debug or close. tried debugging and nothing. wish they made laptops with interchangable graphics. i guess i should uninstall software then use the 5517 driver since that is similar to the 5515. what gets me is if you purchased the 5515 after may of 2009 acer upgraded it to win7. but have no drivers available. i bought this one in feb 2009 and had vista, installed win7 myself. thanks nibiru2012

Ask a Question