SOLVED Unexpected BSOD results in crash dumps

Ero

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have recently had a crash dump file appear in c:\windows\minidump

Please tell me how to fix it.

Ero

Reaction score
BTW, it's only when I'm playing dota 2, everything seems fine, BSOD only appers when playing dota 2. Can't upload the mini dump file though it gives me and error "uploaded file does not have an allowed extension", pls help me, thanks. :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You need to zip up the DMP file and attach it to your next post.
See How to get BSOD assistance.

The most likely cause of problems in video games is your video driver or the game itself. Visit the manufacturer of your video card and install the latest driver. Visit the game's website and install any patches.

Ero

Reaction score
I see, thanks man, let me update my video card driver, and dota 2, I am going to try to upload the minidump file now, please hang on.

Ero

Reaction score
Here are the minidump files that crashes on c:\windows\minidump.
I have also uploaded my computer specs here,
memory.png
spd.png
spd2.png

Please help me out on this one, been experiencing this 2 weeks now, thanks, :)

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You need to update your computer to W7 Service Pack 1. Install it via Windows Update.

Also, your video driver nvlddmkm.sys, dated 12/19/2013, shows up in one of the DMPs as an issue. That is fairly recent but see if there is anything newer from NVidia.

Ero

Reaction score
I have checked my video card though and there is now update for now, and by the way, for more info the the blue screen has something to do with this domain:
AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24819-0.sysdata.xml

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Domain? All I see is simply an extended markup language script on your computer. You could zip up the XML file and attach it.

If there is no newer video driver then install the older driver and, in Windows Update, disable the option to treat recommended updates the same as critical updates (so that the newer driver doesn't just get reinstalled).

Ero

Reaction score
Hi, Sir, sorry for the late reply, just got home, lol, ahm, you mean roll back my nvidea driver?
Any solutions, as side from Windows update? Because I am going to do it one by one though, please tell me other solution, and I am going to upload the zip file found in AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24819-0.sysdata.xml later, thanks man, and please tell me the cause of my random BSOD everytime I am playing dota 2, thanks man, really appreciate your help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Install SP1. If you get any more BSODs after updating to SP1 then post the new DMPs.

Ero

Reaction score
Thank, I will do that, by the way, I will upload more infor regarding my BSOD, please check this one.
I am going to install SP 1 now, this blue screen happened after I closed dota 2.
BSOD2.png
BSOD2.png
BSOD2.png
BSOD2.png
Bluescreen.png
Bluescreen2.png
BSOD.png

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That new one again points to the kernal (every BSOD includes the kernal) which will be updated by SP1. And it includes the video driver which is why I think you need to change that drier as well. To change the video driver your choice is to see if there is a newer driver (which you said there isn't in this case) so look for possibly a beta driver OR to rollback to the previous driver.

And also, make sure you have all the DOTA 2 patches installed.

Ero

Reaction score
I see, thanks for this info sir, by the way, I have installed SP 1 now, and its fine so far, I'll drop by for more updates, thank you so much, you've been a very big help, cheers! :)

Ask a Question