Unable to print from screen

Reaction score
I am an avide genealogist and use Ancestry and Find my Past as research sites, I have been using these sites for a number of years and been able to print from these sites certificates etc that I have found in my research. Of late I have experienced an anoying problem in that I cannot print these any more from the screen shot, if I save the screen as a file to a folder I am able to open the files and print from the file.
I know that both these sites use Djview as a viewer for viewing the files from their sites, but if I can view them surely I should be able to print.
Any help or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards MIKET

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums MIKET :)

Are you using the print-screen button to take a screenshot or are you trying to print the page directly? Could you explain a little how you are doing this and I'm sure we can solve this.

Reaction score
Dear Ian,
Thank you for the welcome, sorry I did not explain very well what I had done, I was trying to print the certificate that was shown on the screen; I had not actually taken a screen shot using the print screen button on the keyboard. In the past when researching I have found an individual on an Index page and have always been able to print the whole page, these are found in Ancestry and Find My Past which are companies that I subscribe to for my research.
I think that I may have found a way round the problem, when viewing the pages on both these sites you must install a viewer from DjView and use to view and print the results of your searches, they have recently offered an Enhanced viewer which I did install, and this was before I changed my OS to Windows 7. By reverting to the Normal and not enhanced viewer I have been able to print these, it appears to me that possibly the enhanced viewer is not covered by W7.
The problem that I had originally was that the file was sent to the printer but never arrived at the printer, it was stuck in the Documents pending box with an error shown, and if I restarted the computer it would then print? This has also shown before I installed W7 but I did install a later driver from the manufacture which helped. I am using a HP LaserJet 4000N printer connected by a Parallel to USB cable, I do realise that this is an old printer and I have had considerable difficulty obtaining a driver that will work with W7.
I hope that this clarifies my situation and would be grateful for any help or suggestions especially on what driver I should be using as HP is not the best site when using an old printer such as mine

Regards Miket

Reaction score
Thanks for that Ian, I have had a look at their site and there are two drivers listed universal print driver PCL5 X64 or PCL6 X64 both for win 7 X64 bit, any idea what the differences/advantages are between the two types. At the moment I have already installed the file which is PCL5 X64 as above.

Regards MIKET

Ask a Question