Unable to print Epson R220

Reaction score
Hi
I have recently installed Windows 7 , and can not print to my Epson Stylus photo R220.
The printer was not in the default list of printers, so I got the driver fro the Epson website ( used the Vista driver ). It appears to install correctly on port LPT1, and the printer then appears in the devices and printers window, but if I try a test print , nothing happens, If I try to print a text document I get an error message saying that the printer is not configured correctly !
Any ideas ?

Reaction score
Hi parkinrg welcome to the site :ciao:

I just looked up your printer and found where you have two usb ports. The LPT1 is for a 25 pin parallel cable. Which cables are you using USB or the Older Parallel cable. If you are using USB then a LPT1 configuation is not going to work.

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Its a USB printer , but seems to default to LPT1
Which port / setting should I change it to ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can't change it manually like Clifford suggested, can you uninstall that driver and then let Windows auto detect the new printer via USB? You should then be able to install the drivers manually by pointing it to the files you downloaded. Windows almost always picks up USB printers OK :)

Reaction score
It would not automatically detect the USB printer, I had to select it manually , even then it would not work till I rebooted the PC , then got an info window saying " Installing USB support for printers" , All OK now though ,Thanks for your help

Ask a Question