Returning to Windows 7 from Windows 10

Reaction score
A while back I updated to Windows 10. I didn't print much so didn't need my printer. I now am homebound and when I tried to connect my printer I eventually figured out that it was not compatible with Windows 10 so would like to go back to Windows 7. I found my Microsoft 2002 disk, but wasn't sure if that's the one I need to go back to 7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,
I believe its Windows XP. If you want to rollback to Windows 7, either you should have a recovery partition with Windows 7 or you will have to purchase a new license key.
If you have Win 7 recovery partition, take a backup and can proceed with the re-installation.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'll be honest, going back to Win7 is probably more of a hassle than going out & buying a cheap new printer that is Win10 compatible.

But if your old printer has lots of bells and whistles then and you definitely want to go back then there are things you need to consider. You do need to have a windows 7 license and it sounds like at one point you did have one but the question is, do you still know the product key. What does this Microsoft 2002 disk say? Just generally, is it labeled Windows 7 Home Premium? or recovery DVDs? or what? Don't tell us any product keys but do you have the old key? Maybe it is on a sticker on the machine.

Ask a Question