Trouble Personalizing desktop

Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to personalize my desktop and trying all the thems, I clicked on a high contrast 1 the screen went dark, now when I try to change the them the screen goes black, then on to the them again, then black again, if I put it on the window 7 basic them its ok I don't what I've done wrong

Reaction score
An update to my problem, if I try to change the desktop them , my screen goes black and starts flashing on and off, its the same if I go online, the only way I can get it back to my desktop is to click on the the personalize window in between flashs and click on the windows 7 basic them, then its normal again, It must have something to do with high contrast because it was ok until I click on high contrast, every thing else is working fine

Last edited:
Reaction score
my mb is asus M2V-MX, my cpu is AMD athlon dual core 4400, 2 GB ram
Hi Dan-E

Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for all of your hardware?

Which graphics adapter do you have? - There maybe issues with your graphics adapter being to old.

You might think about purchasing a PCIe x16 Graphics Card if you don't already have one

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Dan, I'm afraid I don't really understand the problem. Does it work ok now that you have managed to change it away from the High Contrast theme?

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, yes it works fine, but if I try to change to another them I get the
same problem, a black screen starts flashing on and on, is there away I can go back to before I started messing with it

Reaction score
I have 250 sata hd, I just looked in properties on my c drive and it says I have 172 GB used space and 60 GB free space, that can't be right because I don't have any thing on my hd, I don't have a graghic card I have onboard graghices but if you think a graphic card would be better I'll get one, bare in mind I don't do games, I had a look in device manager and couldnt see any issues in there, how do I find out if I need updated drivers?

Reaction score
I've been on the asus support forum and one guy saya there is an issue with ACPI drivers
on asus mobos,

Ask a Question