SOLVED Transparency/Aero Problems

Reaction score
Hello new to the forums, let me apologize if that has been asked and or discussed. I'm currently having some issues with Aero/Transparency. I was able to solve it by rolling back my drivers, but after shutting down for the night it came back up as basic. I restored to a previous point and I was able to restore aero again. Out of curiosity I did a reboot and guess what? No Aero. I decided to try something different and updated video drivers through hardware manager and was able to temp fix it again.

I'm pretty well stumped on what the problem is. I've read this can happen with sleep but as you can see I didn't let my PC sleep. Any ideas is appreciated!

As for my specifications:
*Windows 7 Enterprise (got it from school)
*4 GB RAM
*Athlon II X4 processor
*500GB HDD
*ASUS EN210 graphics card (Geforce 210 series) 512mb, pci-e 16

I've removed card drivers and such. I might do a trial and error and remove some of the utility programs provided by ASUS.
I love 7 so much, and want to get the full capabilities of the operating system. But this is making me a sad panda.. :(

If I left out any important details, please ask.

Reaction score
figured it out. I uninstalled all the utilities from asus for the graphics card. problem solved.

Reaction score
Hello: I am also new here. I have Windows 7 HP dv7, Premium Vision AMD, when the system updated over a week ago, I am no longer able to play my "4 Elements", Double Play Jewel Quest 2 and 3 in full 17" widescreen. It looks like they are running in 680x something small box. I have looked through different websites and I can't find a fix. Also, how do I download DirectX 10.1? I thought it was included with this computer, and maybe it was bumped out somehow. I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable with computers, but things are getting too techy for me! Thank you for your help.

Ask a Question