Using Aero Peek or taskbar transparency with a custom background (wallpaper)

Reaction score
Just built a new computer-- EVGA X 58 motherboard with an Intel I7 LGA 1366, 6 GB of RAM running twin SLI PCIE EVGA cards driving 4 ea 22" Samsung monitors. I have day traded for many years and this is the latest machine. Additionally I decided to use Windows 7 64 bit on this machine. Here to fore (since the Windows 2000 days) I have elected to use Linux where applications would permit it. Windows 7 is different and I am more thoroughly impressed with the ease of installation, robustness, and ease of use than I have been with any operating system in 10 years.....I am really excited about Windows 7!!

Here is the question. In setting up the new system I am using custom wallpapers. What I would like to do is set task bar transparency or translucency without using the Aero Peek themes i.e. not their wallpaper. Is there any way to do this??

I spend a LOT of time in front of my machines. The custom wallpaper I have chosen to use is very easy on the eyes...i.e. less eye fatigue after hours and hours... the transparent or translucent taskbar (it sits docked along the left edge of my #1 monitor) would be a great help and less of a distraction. I cant find out how to either enable transparency or change the taskbar color. Any help would be deeply appreciated....

Warmest regards to all in the forum and thank you Microsoft for a really excellent product.

Carr McCormack III

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi carr

Not sure i see your problem as you can use transparency but incorporate your own wallpaper or make your own themes.

Ask a Question