Confused about transparency ?????

Reaction score
Didn't know a better title.

Here is my question that might seem silly to some, but here goes.

I just bought two identical HP PCU's as I already had two flat screen monitors. On monitor is an Acer, the other is ????. The first letter looks like a capital A without the crossbar, then OC.

Now when you boot the computer and open a window on the AOC there is a solid grey bar top and bottom. But on the Acer the wall paper shows through the taskbar a top bar. To me this is irrigating visually. Is there any way to make the task bar and top bar a solid color on the Acer monitor. Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes the company is AOC.

I can't be sure because I can't see your screen but I think maybe what you don't like is the transparency feature of Aero effects.

To check, simply right-click in an open spot on the desktop and choose Personalize (or get there via Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization). Along the bottom row click on Window Color. In the box that opens up uncheck the box next to Enable Transparency. Click Save Changes.

Did that fix what you wanted? Let us know.

Last edited:

Ask a Question