Aero Transparency Disabled After Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Every time my windows 7 awakens from sleep mode it's graphics change. I do not understand the reason for this. Here is a picture showing this problem. Any help would be appreciated...

System Information

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate RTM
AMD Phenom 9650 Quuad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-Bit Operating System
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (highly think this matters anyway)

Before Sleep Mode

After Awakening From Sleep Mode

Reaction score
Hi IGKID - Welcome to the site :ciao:

How often do you reboot your computer? Sometimes windows needs a reboot to make sure some setting are stored successfully. I would try setting your theme then reboot the machine. After the rebooting, Place windows in sleep mode again. Windows should return from sleep mode with the settings that were loaded at startup.

Hope this helps, Let us know if it doesnt work and we will try something different.

Reaction score
Sorry for not understanding the things you have not told about trying.

Maybe someone else can guess at what you have tried and tell you what you havent.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There was a bug in some of the earlier Windows 7 versions that caused problems with displaying Aero transparency effects after waking from sleep mode, but that was several months ago and should have been fixed in RTM.

It looks like others are having the same problem here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com...f/thread/5322425f-6b5f-44bf-bc20-726a1229b0d3

I don't know if this bug is related to W7 or ATI's drivers, but it may be worth contacting ATI support and see if they can shed any light on this.

Reaction score
There was a bug in some of the earlier Windows 7 versions that cause problems with displaying Aero transparency effects after waking from sleep mode, but that was several months ago and should have been fixed in RTM.

It looks like others are having the same problem here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com...f/thread/5322425f-6b5f-44bf-bc20-726a1229b0d3

I don't know if this bug is related to W7 or ATI's drivers, but it may be worth contacting ATI support and see if they can shed any light on this.
I think the bug thats known for windows 7 is, the "not waking from sleep mode" something to do with the internet. You can easily fix that. However this bug im not sure you can, i don't think they have support for windows 7 (ATI of course )

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
As Ian said this was a known bug in the Windows 7 Beta that was supposedly fixed in later versions.... so if it occurs in the RTM version then I'm not aware of any fixes for it.

The best thing I can suggest is to use "Hibernate" mode instead of "Sleep", that should provide a sort of work around for this problem.

Reaction score
MINE DOES TO its pisses me off I love the transparency why does it shut off please e-mail me when you find out the problem thanks: (e-mail address removed) the worst part its you CANT TURN IT BACK ON no matter what you do it will not change back till you shutdown or restart changing themes in control panel does S*** I fell your pain dude hope you find a solution e-mail me if you do thanks

but like i said i have the same problem

System Information

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate RTM
AMD Phenom 9650 Quuad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-Bit Operating System
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (highly think this matters anyway)

Before Sleep Mode

After Awakening From Sleep Mode

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you guys have ACPI 2.0 or greater, enabled or disabled in the system BIOS?

I am also curious to know if switching the setting would make any difference.

Reaction score
Try below steps to troubleshoot the issue aero feature disabled after resuming sleep

1. Start, type cmd, right click, Run as Administrator.
‪2. Type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true and press enter.
‪3. Type bcdedit /enum and press enter.
‪4. Verify that useplatformclock is on/true.
‪5. Restart the computer then test aero issue.
The above worked liked a charm for me on the following platform:
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model FQ563AA-A2L a6750f
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 2300 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.13, 07/05/2009

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Welcome ro the forum. You may not have noticed that the thread is two years old, and I believe the problem has been fixed in updates. But thankyou for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question