Transferring Photos on Photobucket

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can transfer photos from one account to another? :(

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yes you can, you may have to do it as a "Copy & Paste" but it can be done as I have done it.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
We use only 1 account but isn't the public folder shared across accounts as it was in XP? (Shared Documents)

Edit: Sorry. I should have read the subject title!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol just realized "XP" looks like eyes and a tongue. XD

That's ok Yoda. I could just download the images and reupload them but that'll take weeks...and is a waste of time if I can just do like an "album transfer" you what what I'm saying? :p

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to show you how then...

First go to your account page in a new tabbed window, then open up another tabbed window and search for what you're looking for or whatever account you want access.

Second, in the second window when you find the image you're looking for then "Copy" from the Direct Link URL in "Share This Photo" box to the right of the image you've chosen.

Third, go back to your first tabbed window in your account and click on "Upload Now" Green Button in the top bar. Choose the upload from "The Web" selection in the drop menu and the Paste the URL from the second tabbed window.

Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy!

Reaction score
This is one-by-one for each image? Could I do all of them at once or say 25 at once?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Hold down CTRL to select multiple files.

Read the info in the Upload feature.

Reaction score
They allow you to upload like only 30 at once though, and adding up all the images from my 5 accounts...comes up to be around 300-400.

I really hope...I can transfer albums over? Basically, each of those 5 accounts have one album each.

I made a new Photobucket account that I wish will have the photos from those 5 accounts. Do you think I can transfer entire albums over by using the direct url to those 5 albums? Or some other method?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
What you can do, is create several more Photobucket accounts. Of course, this will take several more email addresses, but those can be had for free. There's at least a half dozen major email providers across the net.

There's also ImageShack.

http://imageshack.us/

This will allow you to do more w/o creating more email addresses. The only other way that I know around the limitations is to go to the paid version of Photobucket.

Cat

Reaction score
I have ImageShack, but, that's just because with Photobucket there are certain things you can't do. For instance, if you have a large PNG image, Photobucket idiodically makes it a lot smaller during upload. Figured ImageShack doesn't do that so that's why I have an ImageShack account, but I mainly use Photobucket since I started using it first. :p

Well, I figured what I can do for my Photobucket issue, was download the entire albums as ZIP files (the Photobucket album page allows you to do that) and then, extract those pictures onto the Desktop. Then, using the bulk uploader, you can select all those images and upload them into your new album. Process is a son of a gun though, for some weird reason, the number of files uploaded (out of 635 for my biggest album, which I'm currently uploading to my new account) only increases when I'M VIEWING THE TAB, wtf? That doesn't even make any sense...that should have no relvance to how fast it's uploading the stuff...but whatever. I have two windows open now viewable on my screen, side by side if that helps...there's also the chance there were just some huge image files that were being uploaded when I wasn't looking, and was the reason it looked like it wasn't uploading when I wasn't looking...

Either way, apparently some images it has refused to upload...saying "image not available" (when I know it is) and for this one video it says it has copyrighted material, lulz to the max. So basically I was able to upload this video 3-4 years ago and not now? And what copyrighted material exactly? It's an AMV from like 2004...meh.

And because of this, I'm thinking of just not going through with it...I guess I can just keep those accounts and forget about migrating the albums.

*Gasp* Well...it all of a sudden went from 150 uploaded pictures to 400...lmao...guess it just updated the "real" count.

Hopefully there aren't a lot of ommitted pictures though, because if it's just a few which I'm hoping it will be, I can just try and reupload them one by one.

Last edited:

Ask a Question