StyleXP for Win7?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Is there a StyleXP equivalent for Windows 7? So far as I know it doesn't work on 7; haven't tried.

I've used a uxtheme.dll patcher, but running a .msstyles still doesn't seem to have any effect.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Bing search "Style XP for Windows 7", the top two links may help, if that's what you're looking for.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't believe I want to go that far back again. I've seen a few of these various "XP themes", they're not appealing to me anymore.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I tend to agree there Cat, having spent years looking at XP Windows 7 is a refreshing change :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Sure is, Veedaz! Although you could change the theme, I don't recall any way to change the menu style, except one (in XP). You could select "Classic" view, but I never did.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Just to be clear on this: I don't want to change my desktop theme to look anything like XP's default theme. No. God no.

StyleXP is just a very resource-efficient theme manager for XP, not a theme in itself.

Ask a Question