Still use XP?

Reaction score
This is going to make me sound very backwards, but I still use Windows XP as my main operating system. It's stable and runs much faster than Vista on my current hardware, so I didn't see any point in upgrading.

I bought my computer just before Vista came out, so the hardware isn't too old. I don't need anything faster, thus Windows 7 seems like an ideal fit for me. All of the security and feature improvements without the performance hit that Vista comes with.

Are there any others using XP?

Reaction score
I do use XP as my base operating system, just incase the the w7 beta fails at any point. I havnt used XP now for several months and am so glad. Im not saying Xp is bad, but it is worth upgrading to Windows 7.

Reaction score
Use a lot (in a Virtual machine)

Have some older hardware (like minidisc, photo negative scanners etc) and some corporate applications that still need XP.

Looking forward to the "XP Compatability Mode" beta when it appears.

cheers
jimbo

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looking forward to the "XP Compatability Mode" beta when it appears.
Yep, that is a big bonus for me too... having real XP compatibility rather than the current way Vista emulates it. I've still got some legacy applications which I run in virtual PC, so having them run natively will be fantastic :).

Reaction score
photo negative scanners
That's interesting you mention negative scanners, as I've got a 10 year old negative scanner that I've never been able to get working under Vista. I gave up on it in the end as I use a digital camera now, but if it is possible to get working again I can finish getting all my old films transferred (which means I might be able to finish my family tree project off with photos). I'll give it a go under W7 too and report back.

*I've actually got an XP only machine too, so if not I can try it on that. I totally forgot about my old scanner until I read this post.

Ask a Question