sendto folder

Reaction score
How do I find the sendto folder for the right click dropdown menu?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you are aware of how to add items to the SendTo Menu ...

In windows explorer paste this in the path:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
(yes, you must use the environment variable %APPDATA%)
Once there you can right-click in an empty spot in the right panel & create a Shortcut, for example to, NotePad.exe
You can also delete items you don't need such as maybe, FAX ... but before you do this read on.

Those are the entries in the standard right-click SendTo Menu (concatenated to this list will be also be your portable drives:usb sticks,SD mem cards etc)

Some of you may be aware there are extended right-click menu options including for SendTo ... these are accessed by holding the shift key as you right-click. This provides you with all the options above PLUS all the folders from the directory:
%userprofile%
(simply type or paste that environment variable into the windows explorer path)

Now what I have found useful but not documented is that you can actually put shortcuts in the %userprofile% directory and those shortcuts will also appear on the shift+right-click menu. So rather than delete items like Send Fax which I will probably never use but want to keep in case of a blue moon, well I cut it from %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and then I pasted it in the %userprofile% folder. Now my right-click SendTo menu is less cluttered but if I hold the shift+right-click then all my options are there.

Last edited:

Ask a Question