Samsung Q330

Reaction score
I bought this neat little Samsung Q330 about two months ago and I've had the following problem pretty much since then:

The computer freezes when I'm connected to wireless networks and it leaves me with no other choice than rebooting.
Strangely, this problem occured consistently when I was connected at campus or at the library etc.
Another thing is this: the problem never occurs when I've disabled the Broadcom wifi card, so the problem is obviously the wifi card.

The computer runs:

Intel Core i3
4gb RAM
Windows 7 HP 64-bit
Broadcom 802.11n adapter with a Broadcom driver 5.60.350.9

Windows suggests no newer drivers.

I'd appreciate some help, cause this computer is driving me nuts - it's the second of its kind and I brought it to the store two times already. Thank you! :)

Reaction score
Have you checked the device manager for any issue's showing the wifi card as problem?

check with your manufacturer you have the most upto date driver.

dont go by windows for updating driver you will need to go to machine manufacturer website to make sure you download and install the correct driver's.

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick answers.
I checked the US Samsung site for Q330 support and found none. Neither was found on the Danish national site (I'm a Dane) but I figured out that the installed driver was the newest available. I forgot to mention how great the computer works on my home network! The problem occurs only when connected elsewhere.

Bugsy, how do I check the Device Manager for issues? The device is 'working properly' under 'Device Status'.

Reaction score
just type device manager in search box in start menu and you will see it at the top of list just click on it, when the window open look for yellow exclamation marks next to drivers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All right. No yellow exclamation marks next to the any of the drivers.

Reaction score
Strange issue.

have you tried uninstalling and then re installing the wifi driver?

Reaction score
Indeed! Yes I've tried that some weeks ago but it happened again.
I reinstalled the driver again just now and I hope for better luck this time.

Samsung tried to fix the computer once already, but they just changed the harddisk and did nothing else.
I guess it's time for another and more demanding visit at the store if the issue continues.

But thank you for the help. I appreciate it!

Reaction score
Well see how you go if it happens again then i would be thinking that something else you have installed is affecting the wifi.

Ask a Question