Windows 7 64 bits and Samsung SH100

Reaction score
I currently have Windows 7 64 bits. I just a got a new camera, Samsung SH100, that is supposed to allow you to dowload your pictures via a wireless connection. I found out that it is not compatible with the Windows 64 bits. Is there a way that I can change over to the 32 bits? If so, do you think that it will cause problems with other applications that are now running ?

Reaction score
CES, Las Vegas – January 4, 2011 - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, announced today the launch of the new SH100
Seeing how the camera was released a full year after Windows 7 (thats not to mention the years with Vista 64-bit) was released, there should be compatibility for a 64-bit OS. If you just bought the camera take it back because it doesn't work with your computer.

Now for your question, you can not switch bit version. Switching bit version requires a complete fresh install of the OS. Yes that would effect all your applications because you would be starting over from scratch.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
To answer your question, yes it is possible to downgrade to 32-bit OS but it requires a complete reinstall of W7 as well as installing all of your programs, restoring your userid(s) and data and all your tweaks/settings.

Is it a driver that is needed but only offered in 32-bit? The reason I ask is because if it is a program, 32-bit programs can run in 64-bit; only very old 16-bit programs can not run in native 64-bit.

To be honest I cannot find and drivers or programs when I go to Samsung support for SH100. Most camera cards work exactly like a flash drive if you plug them in directly. A WiFi connection would need to provide similar functionality so are you sure the WiFi is set up properly? For example: your wireless router may be blocking signals from unknown devices.

Reaction score
Reinstall

You would have to install Windows 7 32-bit, unless you can find some sort of compatibility.

Ask a Question