Samsung TV and Att uverse router/modem

Reaction score
This is a networking question so hope you can help. We moved and set up a new router from att. Trying to connect wirelessly to this smart (dumb) tv. Not ever used this tv wirelessly in 5 yrs owned. Ok so I can detect the wireless uverse router/modem and after I put in security key, it will say connection failed. This tv is bedroom set with the 2nd wireless uverse tuner. In order to set that tuner up, I had to ash a button on the router, in order for router and that tuner to sync up. Wondering if this same procedure has to be accomplished with the tv? Good grief! Thx for any help. DM

Reaction score
Ok so drug tv near modem. Plugged directly in and all fields have numbers. I think my wireless component is bad in tv. Going to buy another tv locally Walmart and try same thing. If it fires right up wireless my then this pitching old tv. Samsung made it real handy that I can not even rewrite the firmware, as that could possibly be the issue.

Ask a Question