Samsung pixon

Reaction score
Hello people. I can't use my pixon with windows 7 it seems. The software that came with it, "samsung new PC studio" didn't quite install properly, but seems to run fine. Windows also found the drivers for my phone online, which was quite helpful, but the problem stems from the software not picking up the phone on my pc. Also the pixon isnt recognised as a removeable storage device (a la sony ericcsson phones) and so i cant access my files that way. Does anyone have any ideas?

Installing the drivers off the CD gives this:
" USB Driver install error:
Unable to launch the 1 Drvier Setup file!: Code1"
Only option to that is to press "ok"

I downloaded the setup.exe of the drivers, and ran that in compatibility mode, this also didn't work.

Device manager obviously dosent recognise it, and searching online dosent come up with anything. Nor does searching manually and selecting the CD.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also when installing the drivers, or rather, trying, windows comes up with the "cant verify publisher" with the option to install anyway, however it apparently ignores said option and pops up with the verify publisher alert another 10 times before doing I dont even know what

Reaction score
Did you ever get any resolution for this? I'm having the same problem with a Samsung Tocco Lite, installing on W7 Professional 64bit. I recently upgraded from 32bit W7 and the software installed fine on that.

Reaction score
hey there, i got the same problem with my pixon on windows 7. the samsung pc studio can't detect my phone via bluetooth. any idea how to fix it??
i've tried manual settings and attempted all the different com ports but to no avail!

Reaction score
there is no fix as of yet, or not one that ive found. the only things ive found to work is the XP emulator - and remember to change the settings on the emulator to use more than 256mb ram, or itll take hours to do what u want - and a bluetooth dongle.

other than that, samsung have nothing thats W7 ready im afraid.

Reaction score
Is there any update on this yet its so frustrating.

Reaction score
Is there any update on this yet its so frustrating.
Well, since Ive decided on using bluetooth to transfer files, no.
Also, the phones touchscreen is now failing. If this happens to you, you need to lift the screen up by jamming a nail/something thin into the gap between the screen and side on the volume/vibration control on the right of the screen.

All in all, getting this phone was a big mistake.

Reaction score
Well, since Ive decided on using bluetooth to transfer files, no.
Also, the phones touchscreen is now failing. If this happens to you, you need to lift the screen up by jamming a nail/something thin into the gap between the screen and side on the volume/vibration control on the right of the screen.

All in all, getting this phone was a big mistake.

Many thx for this i have just started to get this exact problem this week, and as for it being a mistake getting it, i totally agree mate, iphone for me next, just have to wait till June.

Reaction score
Many thx for this i have just started to get this exact problem this week, and as for it being a mistake getting it, i totally agree mate, iphone for me next, just have to wait till June.

eventually, the "lift screen" trick wont work either. youll be forced to continue to twiddle around with it at random times and places along the screen edge to get it to work. for some reason ive also found applying a bit of heat to the screen helps, but nothing conclusive.

also DO NOT get the iphone. wait for the xperia x10.

Reaction score
Pixon M8800 conection problem solution

Hey every one, i found a way to solve the problem.
Instal de PC Studio (with all the errors) then plug your phones (i did it with a pixon) go to the bar at the botom right side of your screen. look for teh simbol that shows if the hardware has been instaled succesfully (it will show it hasn't) click it and let the computer find the driver online.
Instal de driver and then plug the phone again, it will not wor yet. go to control panel-- sistem and security-- sistem-- divece manager (first on the menu at the left side).
when you are there, look for the same simbol that showed that the hardware was not succesfully instaled (the one that apeared on the botom right corner) right click and select update software, then look in you computer for programfiles86x/samsung and select the carpet file samsung (remember to select "include sub-files" or "sub-folders") then it will show a software that was instaled with a pictue of a phone (looks more like a fax machine hahaha)
then you can plug you phone and use it
It worked for me i hope it works for all of you

Reaction score
It sounds like a driver compatibility issue to me. You could try to run it in compatibility mode and see if the works. Other wise you'll have to wait until Samsung releases an updated 7 driver for it.

BTW, nice whish list and not to shabby sytem specs now.

Reaction score
It sounds like a driver compatibility issue to me. You could try to run it in compatibility mode and see if the works. Other wise you'll have to wait until Samsung releases an updated 7 driver for it.

BTW, nice whish list and not to shabby sytem specs now.
Samsung wont, ive been waiting since the phones release for W7 drivers. they just do not care.

on a related note, i had my phone fixed. for a charge of £35, for a new digitiser.
and guess what?! it started failing again. ive taken it back to the people that fixed it, they claimed when they opened it back up that the digitizer was still "firmly in place". which leads me to this conclusion:

THE PHONE IS SHIT. IT HAS BEEN MADE POORLY AND WILL FAIL REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU DO.

that said, the phone fixers said they reattached it and basically glued the damn thing in place. its working alright for now, touch wood.

Reaction score
screen failing aswell !!!

I've had to look out my old samsung pixon as i got my samsung galaxy pick pocket'd the other week on the bus so ive had to look out my pixon as as you both above me have stated about youre screen failing well thats exactly whats happened to my pixon, so its absolutley useless to me as the only button that works is the camera/photo utton on the side but thats no use to me if i want to make a call or txt !!! i tried doing what you said by putting something thin in between the screen & volume button but im still not having anyjoy, so if there is anything else that you could help me with then it would be very much appreciated as im not due a upgrade for another couple of months :(.... P.s - My windows 7 will not support the pixons pc studio disc either, so what the hell is going on WINDOWS 7 ??? We pay you good money to get a good service but it seems that were not getting that service returned as we should be ?!?!?!?!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Microsoft creates the OS and it is the responsibility of the hardware manufacturer to provide the drivers to their products. Hardware manufacturers make money selling NEW hardware not writing drivers for old products so if Samsung chooses not to support their old hardware that is on them.

Ask a Question