removing pages in Google Chrome

Reaction score
When I first got my new computer with windows 7 if I wanted to go out of a page I was finished with and the back arrow was not available I clicked on the cross in the top righthand corner and a message box came up saying do you want to exit all pages or just this page if I clicked just this page it would take me back to the previous page that message no longer appears so when I click on the cross I am taken back to the desktop and have to start again how do I get that helpful box back.
Jim

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sadly, you did notn tell us what version of IE you are using, so I am going to assume IE9. If you go to Tools >Internet Options then click on Tabs settings button, is Tapped browsing enabled? And is Warn me closing multiple tabs checked?

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
is this the reason
Since I don't use Chrome, it is the reason I don't know your answer. I suspect there are a few Chrome users that will hopefully come by and offer some help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is an X on each tab in Chrome and if you only wish to close one tab then you click that X, not the big X in the upper right.

I do not know of an extension that will put back the option window to "close current tab" or "close all tabs" when you hit the application close X, but there is an extension which will at least put up a confirmation window. This way if you accidentally hit the upper right X instead of the X on the individual tab it won't just close everything, you can still say No. This is a small portion of the extra tweaks in Chrome Toolbox Options.

Ask a Question