SOLVED Removing a User Folder

CCC

Reaction score
I'm trying to delete a user's folder from "Computer/C:/Users". I keep getting the pop up window saying "The action can't be completed. Folder or file is open in another program. Close folder, file and try again. I've deleted the user from User accounts and every where else I could think of. Even did a regedit and deleted as many of the users names that it would allow. Still can't remove the users folder from the Users area. I'm selling the computer and didn't want to do a complete rebuild. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it has a restore partition or you have system restore disks then I encourage you to run that to reset the machine to factory. If not then I would format the drive and reinstall W7 (make sure you have the license key before you format because it can be extracted from the registry).

It's just too dangerous IMO to leave the old install if it is going to a stranger.

Normally users don't have access to other users accounts so you would have be in an administrator account and set permissions so you have access to the other user folders, if you insist on leaving the current install.

Ask a Question