Removing backgrounds

Reaction score
I did it once but I don't remember how I did it. I want to superimpose one picture on another which means the overlaying picture's background has to be transparent. I have Paint, Word 2010 and PhotoScape.

How do I make the damned edit stick? Had the program for Inkscape, just installed it and tried, couldn't figure it out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here you go....looks very simple.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]2rxTFqFU48w[/MEDIA]"]How to overlay pictures in paint.net - YouTube[/ame]

Reaction score
That doesn't do it. I have a black image on a white background (it's all the same image) that I need to turn transparent.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Mr Magoo, if the background of your image is white then make sure white is set as your background color in the color palette, then when you choose copy transparent it is all the white sections that are invisible.

And Ryan, we do allow you to post Free Software as a solution, including actual links. Or just point them to the thread for Paint.Net linked from our Freeware DB.

Ask a Question