Removal of Oxy and Pile File Reminder

Reaction score
I am having a bit of a struggler here. My 10 year old installed some programs that I can not get rid of. I have searched online for solutions and don't know what to do.

First, there is a few programs on my list that I can not uninstall. PileFileReminder, oxy and Search Donkey. The first 2 state I do not have sufficient access to uninstall. The SearchDonkey, nothing happens when I click uninstall.

Norton keeps blocking a virus. I tried system restore, it worked but then additional viruses were blocked by Norton, like they are hidden somewhere. I dont know where to turn!

Also, everytime I open Chrome, it gives me a search engine called Key Find. Cant seem to get rid of that either. Pls help. I know a small about of pcs but this is beyond my knowledge! Thank you

Reaction score
Oh also, when I was restarting computer, it stated cltmngui.exe was preventing Windows from restarting. Another program causing problems!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Download TDSSKiller and RKill from our Freeware DB. If you do not have an anti-virus that will run in safe mode then download, install, and allow to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) while still in normal boot mode (but do not allow it to start the free trial of the PRO version). Then reboot your system into safe mode without networking (Reboot and, when it says "Starting Windows," Press F8; If you get a message asking continue in safe mode or perform a system restore, choose continue in safe mode). Make sure you logon with an administrator account. Now run TDSSKiller and after that run RKill and after that run a full virus scan. The first two will take maybe 5 minutes each but a full virus scan can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours depending on your hard drive size and number of files.

Booting in safe mode makes sure only minimal services/programs are started. TDSSKiller is designed specifically to look for rootkits. RKill is designed to stop the stealthing programs that hide/protect/regenerate some nasty viruses. Running these first will help ensure your A/V has the absolute best chance of cleaning up infected files.

At that point, while still in safe mode, I would try uninstalling. The problem is, if it is truly malware then they have no reason to write a good uninstall and they may even be able to write it to restart the virus. So it may be necessary to go to c:\program files\ or c:\program files (x86)\ and delete the offending folders yourself.

If you are successful then I would reboot into safe mode again and run tdsskiller, rkill, and malwarebytes again.

And then I would reboot into normal mode and scan with your usual anti-virus software.

I would probably scan every 2-3 days until you are sure it is gone.

Shintaro

Reaction score
In addition to Trainableman's suggestions I would probably download and run Windows Defender Offline. It will create a CD / DVD / USB and will boot and scan your hard drive offline.

Reaction score
Just saw your post now...I was searchign online and so far I have done this...Downloaded and ran RKiller and now my system is being scanned by Emsisoft. Its been about 2 hours so far and we are at 75% and it has found several high risk threats so I am hoping once I finish with this it will clear out my problem. If not, I will try doing what you posted above.

And you were correct about the restarting of the virus. When I did the original system restore, it was in safe mode...it restore it but then the programs showed they were installed today! So frustrating but hoping what Im doing will work! Thank you!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Tina,

Cool, probably best to do a offline scan. In other words booting from a CD/DVD/USB. It is the safest way to ensure that viruses are removed.

Ask a Question