AVG removal fixes bsods

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, we understand ...

Because your Anti-Virus software may be the cause or at least mask the true cause of BSODs, it is always a good idea to get the AV drivers completely out of your system; use the AV's uninstall tool so as to be sure and get all the pieces. In the interim, so as not to go completely unprotected, it is a good idea to install Microsoft Security Essentials, as it has not been shown to cause BSODs and does not mask the true problem. Also update any drivers prior to 2009. If you have complied with the above and the issue persists, please post the new dumps as it should then be much easier to pinpoint.

.... and if people hear it this way they are very likely to comply.

Reaction score
Sort of...not really masking other problems...basically rids any potential of a/v causing problems.

In other words, it can be very difficult to tell if antivirus is a problem or not in some instances. Sometimes it is very clear that it is a problem and sure is. To be sure when there is uncertainty, it is best to install MSE to replace.

Excellent though. You're getting the idea. :)

Reaction score
A thread I just replied to. Please take note for future reference on how notorious AVG is:

http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...sh-no-explanation-please-help.html#post186005
I think i know what moves you...
I followed the link you posted... and saw that the user did two things:
Unninstalled AVG... and updated drivers!
If the problem was solved with only the replacement of AVG... but... how about the drivers? Maybe the problem resided on the drivers...
I'm not going to have the work for you... i advice you to look for BSOD problems in the web... and them you're free to come here and justify your hate towards AVG.
I already told, in other thread... problems exist either with AVG, Avira, Avast, Symantec, MSE, etc! It depends on the machines, or drivers, or software conflits, etc...
Well... for you AVG is the source of all evil, of all BSODs... you always begin telling to unninstall the antivirus.
But you are the expert... the best one, the only one with capacity!
Ok!

How about MSE?

http://social.answers.microsoft.com...t/thread/9cd52d9b-11fd-4700-8d92-86389bd9b7eb
http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21655

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, BladeRunner. I am fully 100% agreeable with you here (besides MSE part.)

I have always said since day one that all antivirus can cause bsods besides MSE.

MSE can not cause bsods and it is impossible to do so.

All others can, have done so, and will in the future.

We're getting somewhere here. :)

Again, excellent.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As for AV removal when troubleshooting BSOD's, I can assure you it's not TorrentG's style only. Straight to the fact that you'll see sevenforums.com supporters recomend just this, and sevenforums.com have probably the biggest army of experienced BSOD supporters.

Before claiming refund or sending your hardware to the repairs or before simply testing your hardware during many hours it's a good idea to first remove AV as well as certain notorious software such as Daemon Tools, and update old drivers even if they didn't cause the crashes directly.

Does this mean you have to live without AVG, Avast, Kasperky, Daemon Tools etc. and instead use MSE only? No, but until your crashes are gone, say over 2-3 weeks stable running, uninstall those notorious products.

Ask a Question