SOLVED reinstalling windows 7 home premium 64 bit without disc

Reaction score
can anybody advise on reinstalling windows 7 home premium 64 bit without disc on my laptop which has had the hard drive replaced.

background :
my child knocked my laptop from a table and it died :( kept getting BSOD ETC.
I left it into a repair centre and was told it was an intermittant problem with either hard drive or mother board and not worth getting fixed :(:(

Rang insurance company and claimed under accidential damage cover,they said they would pick it up and try repair it first ,so they duly picked it up and rang a day later and said they had replaced the hard drive on it and as the software is not insured on my policy I would have to reinstall my own operating system.

my laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742 i3 only 13 months old - out of warranty
Acer wanted about 70 Euros to send a new disc to reinstall windows 7,the laptop came preinstalled with no windows disc .

sorry for the long winded story but my questions are :

origanally when prompted I made recovery discs 1,2,3 and a repair disc . can I reinstall onto a new hard drive from these discs , the windows product key sticker is on the underside of the laptop.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APRECIATED THANKS.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes you can reinstall from those recovery discs and they will include all of ASUS's add-ons that were not officially part of Windows 7.

If you would prefer not to have all those extras (most of which are garbage they get paid to add, but usually there are one or two worth keeping and maybe some drivers that you need), or for anyone who finds themselves in your position but does not have the recovery discs, then you can download the official 64-bit W7 Home Premium SP1 version from these Links.

Reaction score
I am sure that every one out there who is still using Window has a product key number. However, Microsoft limits that key to only one computer.

Reaction score
I do have an activation key.....
but see well
i have an acer 5750G laptop...and well its HDD messed up but it was in warrenty..
so the guy came replaced the HDD and installed windows prefessional..(dnt knw why i asked him for HOME PREMIUM!) cause i did not have a recovery disc..
so now i am stuck with X32 professional with nothing and i want a the home premium...
so..
will my activation key work for the recovery iso files u posted?
i have the sticker for Home premium...
Please help! :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes Wicked, if you own a Home Prem key then follow the link in my post above and download W7 H.P. SP1 ... you can get x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) and your key will work (but only get 64-bit if you have 2GB RAM MINIMUM, preferable 3GB or more).

After you install you will need to go to the Acer website and get any extra programs you may need to operate special keys like contrast etc and any missing drivers.

Ask a Question