Red username?

Reaction score
I only just noticed that Ian has a red username and the rest of us have blue ones? Is that because you are the site admin?

Just being nosey :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I just made the username red so for the admin account. Once the site has moderators, I'll make those a different colour too. :)

I'm trying to think up a way to reward the regular members somehow, either with an awards system or special user ranks. If anyone has an idea or suggestion on what would be good, please let me know :D

edit: Beaten to it by Thrax! ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've found an awards system for the forum software, so I'll have a look in to how it works and perhaps implement it next week:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=196244

It means that awards can be given to users for any criteria (i.e. being a helpful member, reaching x number of posts etc...).

Reaction score
Yep, I just made the username red so for the admin account. Once the site has moderators, I'll make those a different colour too.
What will the requirements be for moderator - Im curious - This is my first forum to be involved in

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What will the requirements be for moderator - Im curious - This is my first forum to be involved in
There's no specific requirements to become a moderator, it's a culmination of lots of things like being a helpful and active forum member, experience with the forum software, good grammar/spelling, etc... As the site grows, we'll no doubt add one or two more.

Reaction score
I think the competition you have set up Ian, is a good way to attract people to the site as well as a good reward system, fantastic!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the competition you have set up Ian, is a good way to attract people to the site as well as a good reward system, fantastic!
James is the one to thank :D He came up with this great idea, I just implemented it :)

Reaction score
James is the one to thank :D He came up with this great idea, I just implemented it :)
Well thanks James, and cheers Ian for implementing it. it is a very good idea though, have you got any other competitions up your sleeve?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats a very kind offer :) I've got a couple of companies lined up that are willing to give away software, so once this competition has passed I'll think up an interesting competition and launch the free software ones :D

Ask a Question