Recovering data from my external hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi ,
I have forgotten password of my external hard disk .So i could not do anything just erasing it. now i want to recover my data from that my external hard disk.By theway the name of extrernal hard disk is Western Dijital My password Ultra 1TB.
I need so seriously to access to my data on it. Can you help me to solve this problem please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your best bet is to purchase some hard drive recovery software. Many companies offer recovery software but the only one I have ever tried is Stellar Phoenix.

Reaction score
Undoubtedly, you can't access the data without formatting everything on the drive. Though, it would be great if you could provide few more details about the tool you've used to protect your external hard disk. Later we'll check the encryption scheme provided by the encryption software and will see if we can assist anything to brake password.

In different scenario, carefully try the recommended software by TrainableMan and make sure that you're not using the same external hard disk to save another data. Doing so will simply overwrite everything and makes your data non recoverable.

Good Luck!!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, if your game, download a "Live Linux" CD/DVD. You will be able to boot off the CD/DVD and it usually auto mounts NTFS partitions ( your hard drive and the external drive). Then just copy between the two drives.
That would be the cheapest way I can think of.

Reaction score
Hi ,
I have forgotten password of my external hard disk .So i could not do anything just erasing it. now i want to recover my data from that my external hard disk.By theway the name of extrernal hard disk is Western Dijital My password Ultra 1TB.
I need so seriously to access to my data on it. Can you help me to solve this problem please?
External hard disk recovery is best performed by using Remo Recover. This repair software is one of the most widely used and gives amazing results at the end.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Even with recovery software what you may get back is simply encrypted files. The whole point of encryption is to keep the files safe. It wouldn't be very safe if it was easy to recover without the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question