Random freezes - Acer Aspire 8530G

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am at war against my Windows 7 (x64) :) (not for real yet though, it is a cold war so far)
I have reinstalled it 3 times with 3 different CD's, and still have this random freezes problem.
It starts doing it right after the installation, even when updates are disabled and that I install nothing at all.

I think I am in right to assume it is not a service problem, as it has done it with 3 different CD's of windows 7 x64.
It is not a hardware problem either, as my Linux works just fine.
The computer does not overheating either.

I came across posts on forums that said I should set the voltage of my RAM memory, but I do not have access to this setting within Acer's realm.
All my drivers are up to date.
My bios has been flashed with the latest versions available of Acer's website.
Thus... I fall short on potential solutions...

Do not hesitate if you have any ideas. I am willing to try anything that could work, and won't mind you if you are wrong (oh come on I am kidding a little ! It is better with a smile anyway).
I thank you in advance for you help, of course :)

Regards !!

And wish you a very pleasant day, far from freezes :)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Are you able to , or do you already have, another partition?
If so, make a folder, called setup (or anything you fancy). Dump all the DVD files into it and run setup from there.

Reaction score
Hmmm... Ok I think I have not expressed well in the first message.
My installation process is working fine.

The freezes I undergo occur absolutely randomly. Sometimes the laptop is stuck after 5 minutes, sometimes I can enjoy several hours before it strikes me :)

But if it was not regarding the installation that you suggested this, I can create another partition and do so. But in that case you will need to precise your idea, as I do not know what comes next ;)

Thanks for the reply !

Reaction score
SF Diagnostic

Hi Captain !

Thank you for your time.
Three of the files are joigned. The rest exceed the limit of the forum and will be in the following post.

Also, I have find a forum of which I have been advised to modify the power settings of my CPU.
It it is Control panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management > Minimum processor state.

The tip would be to chage the default value from 5% to 100%
. Apparently it worked for someone, he had no more freezing problems after doing it, saying it prevented voltage variation which was the cause of his problem.

I will keep you updated if it works also for me.

Have a good day !

Attachments

Reaction score
Rest of files

Joined here the rest of the files.
3 are missing but I cannot join or copy past them on the forum, as they are too big.
Tell me if you need them.

So Captain, is it bad ? :confused:

Attachments

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If your not sure then you have to open your CPU and on your PSU there will be stick with all the details

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hmmm... Ok I think I have not expressed well in the first message.
My installation process is working fine.

The freezes I undergo occur absolutely randomly. Sometimes the laptop is stuck after 5 minutes, sometimes I can enjoy several hours before it strikes me :)

But if it was not regarding the installation that you suggested this, I can create another partition and do so. But in that case you will need to precise your idea, as I do not know what comes next ;)

Thanks for the reply !
Sorry I did not come back on this. You expressed yourself perfectly LOL. I did not catch that it was AFTER the installation you had the problem. No need for my details!
I am sure the Capt will take care of the problem.

Ask a Question