Random BSOD's and Freezes

Reaction score
I built my computer around a year ago and im getting random BSOD"S and Freezes. it will even freeze when im in the BIOS. i did a memcheck on my ram and got no error. i took out my graphics card to see if it would still do it and of course it still continued. if someone could help me decipher these dump files i would greatly appreciate it. I have also set my ram to the right timimg btw

Attachments

Reaction score
Memory and video card you ruled out. Could be the power supply, motherboard or cpu. Start with searching the manufacturer of your motherboard's website for any updated drivers for the motherboard. If the drivers are already updated, it's more than likely the psu, motherboard or cpu are failing.

Reaction score
for somereason my computer is now booting everytime now all i did different was accidently start the overclocking utility on the MB and it changed my dram to 1550 Hz instead of the default of 1600 and it changed the timing to 9-9-9-24 but the ram is meant for 8-8-8-24.

im not sure why it fixed it but it did im going to do a test on the ram with these setting soon.
and i did flash my bios about 3 months ago to the newest version.

would these setting damage my ram?

Reaction score
That's probably what the ram's timings are supposed to be. I have 2 4 gb sticks of G Skill Ripjaws Series ram in my pc I built. It's timings are 9-9-9-24, When I was upgrading my mobo, I needed to go to DDR3 ram also. My ram is also 1600 mhz. like yours. When checking out ram on Newegg's site, most. if not all of the 1600 mhz. ram kit's ran with 9-9-9-24 timings. Funny thing on my end, my Hauppage WinTV HVR-1850 tuner ran on my AM2+ mobo w/o any cpu overclocking. When I added my cureent MSI 8900FXA-GD70 motherboard, it only gets tv, if I enable OC Genie Lite in the bios.If I enable OC Genie my board underclocks my ram. Not the same issue as yours, but weird like your's.

Ask a Question