Random freeze

Reaction score
Hi, I need help, sometimes my pc just freezes, I can't do anything I have to shut it down "by using force" if you know what I mean.
And sometimes is the blue screen of death.
It as been ok for a while, but now it happened again, and on the event viewer log is always the same error.
It's a laptop btw.

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The event viewer says you have power problems. Maybe important features are being allowed to sleep that shouldn't? Is this a laptop or desktop ... maybe your power supply is bad?

Unfortunately it is hard to say with any certainty, but I suggest you try to rule out hardware problems and sleep settings first.

Reaction score
oh right, it's a laptop, yes probably a power supply problem, but it's awkward because my pc don't shut down, he just freezes, and this happen like once a month maybe, but he was ok in the last one or two months

Reaction score
Now it happen 2 times, the famous blue screen of death. Once he appeared and automatically shutdown I couldn't almost even see the blue screen, now it appeared and stayed like this, I had to force shut it down

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It still says your kernal power had a critical event. You really need to provide DMP files. See the thread on How to get BSOD Help. Although if it is a sudden loss of power it may not really have time to create much of a DMP.

I'm sorry I just don't know how I can help you any more than to say it is most likely a bad power saver setting (sleep, etc) or a hardware problem. I would encourage you to make sure you have the latest BIOS installed as it often can have sleep related tweaks. And since it is a laptop, if you happen to have a "knock off" battery you might consider trying an actual OEM battery.

Reaction score
It still says your kernal power had a critical event. You really need to provide DMP files. See the thread on How to get BSOD Help. Although if it is a sudden loss of power it may not really have time to create much of a DMP.

I'm sorry I just don't know how I can help you any more than to say it is most likely a bad power saver setting (sleep, etc) or a hardware problem. I would encourage you to make sure you have the latest BIOS installed as it often can have sleep related tweaks. And since it is a laptop, if you happen to have a "knock off" battery you might consider trying an actual OEM battery.
Yes there is another problem, the BSOD don't create a dump file, yes on the advanced settings I have the Small memory dump, %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
But I got there and there is no dump file

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's possible it happens too fast or because the kernal is needed for everything it just can't. Personally I would either take it to a repair shop or replace it because it is most likely a hardware issue.

Reaction score
I think I found the problem, it's like the 3rd time consecutive that the BSOD appears when I have uturrent open and downloading, can it be?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well a common cause of many BSODs is old out-dated drivers so you should visit the computer manufacturer and update your drivers. If it happens when using uTorrent then make sure you are using their latest version of the software but also be sure to update your network/LAN drivers.

I still suspect it is something hardware related but updating your BIOS, drivers, and software at least won't make things any worse.

Reaction score
Well a common cause of many BSODs is old out-dated drivers so you should visit the computer manufacturer and update your drivers. If it happens when using uTorrent then make sure you are using their latest version of the software but also be sure to update your network/LAN drivers.

I still suspect it is something hardware related but updating your BIOS, drivers, and software at least won't make things any worse.
How do I update my bios? This is my pc http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=N53Jq windows 7 64 bits
the lastest is 211, but how do I install it? It's a .211 file I don't get it

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Besides the actual BIOS you also need the Bios Utility "Windows BIOS Flash Utility"
V2.31.0 or you might be able to use the Aflash Utility instead.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is a good chance it is still a hardware problem, possibly power.

I don't know what to tell you; it may be time to take it to a professional repair shop or replace it.

Reaction score
There is a good chance it is still a hardware problem, possibly power.

I don't know what to tell you; it may be time to take it to a professional repair shop or replace it.
And how do I know if it is an hardware or power problem?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
All your event logs mention a shutdown:

Critical 10-09-2013 18:39:25 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 41 (63) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Ask a Question