Random Crashes & BSOD

Reaction score
I truly hope someone can help me :)

So i started having problems about a week ago, the first 2 crashes i got mentioned an error stating that a floppy disk drive failed.. but i have no floppy drives.

Then it started to just freeze and crash, now its full on BSOD. Some days it will not happen, others it will happen multiple times. Sometimes during the BSOD i will get one long bios beep, then some seconds later the same long beep, this will also happen during startup except it does not boot up, but during both occurrences the fan will spin up and stay that way, which is pretty normal during startup but I'm trying to be as thorough as possible.

To my knowledge my system is up to date, except my video card, which i was about to update but i decided to post here first.

Please let me know what one may need in order to provide assistance.

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You mentioned the problem started about a week ago. I also notice from the DMPs that apparently you just updated to Service Pack 1 this week, which is good but, did you upgrade before or after the issues started?

First and foremost I suggest you rule out a virus. Check for viruses as explained HERE.

Since you say this usually happens at start-up and often mentions the floppy drive I wonder if it could be a hard drive problem. Maybe try Passmark's DiskCheckup to see if it reports any problems with your hard drive?

Or something with the BIOS? I would check the manufacturer site and make sure you are using the latest BIOS.

Or it could be a bad driver as you seem to suspect. I'm not a bluescreen expert but just based on driver dates I see ...
You have an Ethernet Networking Driver (nvm62x64.sys) from Oct 2008, any chance their is an update on the manufacturer's website?

As I said, not an expert, but while you are checking the manufacturers site just update all your drivers.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I updated SP1 after this started... Although i really thought i already had it... However i apologize but its not specific to startup and it only mentioned the floppy drive failure once, It could happen 8 hours into the first startup of the day, or after 10 minutes, But when it does BSOD i almost always have the BIOS beep and spinup when i try to reboot, I also wait a few minutes before i reboot it to.

I'm thinking it is related to the HD but not entirely sure, hoping its just a virus. I will perform those measures you suggested and post back when i can, thanks a bunch though :)

Update:

So i followed the virus/malware removal steps but i am unable to use passmark's diskcheckup, as apparently my HD is not supported :( So unfortunately the BSOD still continues. I am However very hesitant to update my BIOS as i hear its pretty tricky, and even if i get the correct driver i still run the risk of causing more damage, This is of course just what i have heard.

As far as the Ethernet networking driver.. ill look into it but I'm doubtful its the cause, then again I'm no expert lol. I'm running out of options though, I might just have to take it to a shop if i cant find the problem.

This is my most recent DMP file that just occurred 30 minutes ago as of this post.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ask a Question