Random Crashes

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new machine which came with Windows 7 64bit preinstalled. However I've been having a few issues with it on and off.
The most common issue is anytime I have music playing, via Spotify or Youtube, if I then start opening up more tabs or load websites or open folders, the audio begins to make horrible noises much like dial up internet sounds, as if it's freezing or skipping. On occasion this can result in my entire computer freezing up.
Other times I might not even have any music on and the speakers are switched off, I could be browsing the internet, playing online games like World of Warcraft or not even doing anything, and I'll suddenly get a blue screen of death. Sorry I keep taking note of it and googling what it tells me the error was, to never find any helpful results but I don't have a note of the error right now.
I've checked my Event Viewer and I have a ton of Warnings about "Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards." or
"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR6 during a paging operation."
and even Errors and Critical Errors about "Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x20CF30AAA4AC. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."
or "Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.SystemCompatible,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"

And many many more. Is anyone able to give me some advice? If you need any more information let me know. Thanks!

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new machine which came with Windows 7 64bit preinstalled. Is anyone able to give me some advice?
Yes. Take it back! A new machine should not be crashing.

Ask a Question