SOLVED Random BSoDing Please help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I recommend you run "Windows Easy Transfer" to back-up your userid, settings, and data; be sure to store the back-up file to DVDs or an external hard drive that will not be sent away. Once you get a new machine you can simply restore the backup file to the new machine and then reinstall any programs you might have installed (like your games).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I was thinking if you are going to go to the extent of sending it away then after you back-up you might as well try a complete W7 reinstall. I honestly don't think it will help but just try it bare, don't install any other software, just the OS, and minimal hardware (keyboard, mouse, monitor) and see if it still BSODs.

Reaction score
I was thinking if you are going to go to the extent of sending it away then after you back-up you might as well try a complete W7 reinstall. I honestly don't think it will help but just try it bare, don't install any other software, just the OS, and minimal hardware (keyboard, mouse, monitor) and see if it still BSODs.
I asked them if they could repair it or if i would need to send it in, and they want me to run memtest to figure out if its the RAM so they can just send me new sticks. And there are so many dowloads for memtest on their website, i have no idea which one to get. XD *Edit* memtest looks super complicated D:

Last edited:
Reaction score
And, i have a pretty computer savvy buddy that just told me to take the RAM out, and put it back in and see if it BSoDs. And then he told me to pull a stick and see what happens, and i'm not sure what pulling a stick means. :p

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I thought you ran Memtest+ a long time ago. See HERE. Run that overnight (or all day but you can't use the computer) and wait to see the results before pulling any RAM

If it does show bad RAM then you need to figure out which stick, so you pull one and then test again. To remove RAM, first off, make sure your computer is turned off and be sure to touch a metal lamp etc to ground yourself so you don't carry a static charge just before you pull a stick. Basically you open the machine and spread the two locks on the end of a stick of ram and gently pull it away from the socket.

Reaction score
I thought you ran Memtest+ a long time ago. See HERE. Run that overnight (or all day but you can't use the computer) and wait to see the results before pulling any RAM

If it does show bad RAM then you need to figure out which stick, so you pull one and then test again. To remove RAM, first off, make sure your computer is turned off and be sure to touch a metal lamp etc to ground yourself so you don't carry a static charge just before you pull a stick. Basically you open the machine and spread the two locks on the end of a stick of ram and gently pull it away from the socket.
Well, in that case, couldn't i just pull a stick and see if it BSoDs, and if it does, try the other? And i didn't see a post telling me to run Memtest. Sorry, there have been a lot of posts xD

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Run the test on your current system. If it runs for 8 passes without showing any errors in bright red then you can tell them memtest ran fine. If not then you test on one stick & then the other..

And, I looked back over and I guess nobody did suggest memtest but you may as well now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Run the test on your current system. If it runs for 8 passes without showing any errors in bright red then you can tell them memtest ran fine. If not then you test on one stick & then the other..

And, I looked back over and I guess nobody did suggest memtest but you may as well now.
It says to boot from CD, how would i do that? Because i don't have a USB, but i think the company gave me a blank disc.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Flash drives are cheap, buy one.

But anyway, get a blank DVD. Install ImgBurn. Download the Memtest86+ ISO. Use ImgBurn to burn the Memtest ISO to the blank DVD.

Reaction score
I need to go through these discs they sent, since i think one of them said "Custom restore disc" or something like that, so i assume its blank for me to use for restores.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No, I have never seen a blank disk included with any machine. Some machines tell you to insert a blank disk on first start-up to create a system restore disk, but I have never seen a blank disk provided. You are expected to buy these things.

A pack of blank DVDs or a flash drive can easily be obtained for about $10

Reaction score
No, I have never seen a blank disk included with any machine. Some machines tell you to insert a blank disk on first start-up to create a system restore disk, but I have never seen a blank disk provided. You are expected to buy these things.

A pack of blank DVDs or a flash drive can easily be obtained for about $10
Ah, damn, well i'll try and get a flash drive today, not sure if i have the funds on me right now, since AC3 and Halo 4 are coming out soon. D:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The games are worthless without a working computer.

Reaction score
Yeah, i won't be able to get a Flash drive for a few days, so maybe i'll unplug one stick and see what happens until i can get memtest running.

Reaction score
I keep getting BSoDs that read IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal with the error code 0x0000000A

So, maybe that helps point to something. here are the DMPs.

Attachments

Reaction score
So, i finally got paid again, and got a usb flash drive, ran memtest, and by the time i got to 10 passes, i had 12 errors. So i think it might be my RAM =p

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have 2 sticks of RAM (2x4GB) then pull out one and test again. If that one shows up with errors then swap in the other one and test again. Good chance only one is bad and most of your stuff will work on 4GB.

Reaction score
If you have 2 sticks of RAM (2x4GB) then pull out one and test again. If that one shows up with errors then swap in the other one and test again. Good chance only one is bad and most of your stuff will work on 4GB.
Roger, i'll do that over night.

Ask a Question