SOLVED Random BSoDing Please help.

Reaction score
My computer will randomly BSoD on me. Like, it'll be ok for a month or two, then it'll have little BSoD "Fits" ranging from once, to multiple times over a few days. The most recent one happened just a few minutes ago and gave me two things i thought were weird. This "ndis.sys" and this "4ce79392" (Without the quotes) and the stop errors code was 0x000000D1 and i attached the minidump file. Can anyone help me? (It wouldn't let me move the file to a ZIP folder, so i made a desktop shortcut and moved it to a ZIP folder from there, let me know if it doesn't work.)

A little more information. This fit started the day before yesterday when i downloaded (Not installed) the new Nvidia drivers, then i installed them, and it was okay for a little, but BSoD'd again. Then i got on yesterday, had it blue screen, then i rolled back my Nvidia drivers, and it was okay until much later, when it did it again. My computer company (Centaurus Computers) Told me to un-install Avast, but that didn't work either.

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't read DMPs but the first thing always when it appears suddenly after working fine for a long time ...
Please reboot to safe mode (w/o network support) and do a full virus scan. If you would like a good secondary A/V you might try Malwarebytes. Just don't activate the trial of MBAM if you already have an active A/V; it works great as a passive scanner which you must trigger to run manually but it can conflict or slow down your machine if you run two active scanners.

Hopefully a BSOD expert will be along soon to help.

Reaction score
I don't read DMPs but the first thing always when it appears suddenly after working fine for a long time ...
Please reboot to safe mode (w/o network support) and do a full virus scan. If you would like a good secondary A/V you might try Malwarebytes. Just don't activate the trial of MBAM if you already have an active A/V; it works great as a passive scanner which you must trigger to run manually but it can conflict or slow down your machine if you run two active scanners.

Hopefully a BSOD expert will be along soon to help.
I have the Microsoft security essentials. But, i've run quite a few full virus scans because people told me it could be one, and they never found anything.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you run it in safe mode? If not please try a scan in safe mode, and since you already scanned with MSE, maybe do the safe mode one with MBAM?

MSE is a good free A/V and it has an active component that is supposed to "watch out" for you, but no anti-virus is perfect. I like to have MBAM as a secondary scanner which I run manually once a month or so.

Reaction score
Did you run it in safe mode? If not please try a scan in safe mode, and since you already scanned with MSE, maybe do the safe mode one with MBAM?

MSE is a good free A/V and it has an active component that is supposed to "watch out" for you, but no anti-virus is perfect. I like to have MBAM as a secondary scanner which I run manually once a month or so.
I was not in safe mode, and it was with Avast, although i have run one scan with MSE. If it BSoDs again, i'll run in Safe Mode and scan it. Is the assumption here that its a virus?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not assuming that but it's the first thing you should always rule out. And many viruses are not effective or are less protected in safe mode so the A/V has a better chance of seeing something wrong there.

As I said I don't read DMP files and those will hopefully point to something else, out-dated drivers etc (example, video drivers are another common cause of BSOD's) so hopefully a BSOD expert comes along soon.

Reaction score
I'm not assuming that but it's the first thing you should always rule out. And many viruses are not effective or are less protected in safe mode so the A/V has a better chance of seeing something wrong there.

As I said I don't read DMP files and those will hopefully point to something else, out-dated drivers etc (example, video drivers are another common cause of BSOD's) so hopefully a BSOD expert comes along soon.
Yeah. i downloaded my new video drivers, and that's about when it started happening. And then i rolled them back, and it kept happening.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it was ATI it may have also installed a new Catalyst Control Center. I'm pretty sure rolling back the driver won't uninstall that program. I would say you could uninstall that in control panel>programs and features but I would probably just wait for a BSOD expert to take a look.

Reaction score
If it was ATI it may have also installed a new Catalyst Control Center. I'm pretty sure rolling back the driver won't uninstall that program. I would say you could uninstall that in control panel>programs and features but I would probably just wait for a BSOD expert to take a look.
My Video card is Nvidia. Not ATI. So i don't think its that.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate, you need to include the .dmp files(Crash Dump).
What you have uploaded to the forum is a link to a dmp file.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The DMP files are in a system protected folder so you cannot zip them in that folder. Maybe you tried to drag them somewhere else but instead of a copy it created a shortcut to them?

Easiest is to copy the DMP files to your "My Documents".
-First go to My Documents and create a folder called DMP.
-Now go to C:\windows\minidump\ and select the DMP files (single left-click on the first file to select it and then go to the last file, hold down the shift key, and left-click on that one - it should highlight all of them). Keep the mouse where it is (over the selected files) and right-click. Select COPY from the context menu.
-Now go to DMP under My Documents and select it (single mouse left-click). Then right-click and this time select PASTE. You should end up with a copy of your DMP files.
-Now open the DMP folder and select all the DMP files again (select first, hold shift, select last) then right-click and choose Send To ... compressed (Zipped) folder.
-Then upload that zip file to your next post.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
yes, there are actual DMP files in there. I'm sure Shintaro will check then out and let you know.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, please update the following:

https://secure.logmein.com/US/home.aspx
Just download their software.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

You want "Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver"

EDIT: Upload any new crash dump files that happen after you update the above drivers.

Let us know how you go.

Hope this helps.
Ah, thanks very much! Now, i already have Log me in, so, do i just re-download the software? Because i can't even find the button to download it on the website.

Last edited:

Ask a Question